Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise Your Game

Raise Your Game

Have a killer idea for a video game you’ve been dying to get in front of your gaming peers? We created the RaiseYourGame platform for you to share ideas with other gamers and web celebrities like Morgan. Also, by submitting an idea before February 29, you’re automatically entered to win an XBOX 360!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Because they might actually not post mine (no reason to not though) here is what I sent.

"Seriously, I'm tired of games being made to appeal only to the lowest common denominator. I'm tired of games being so idiot friendly, that only an idiot will enjoy them.
    I would like a few mainstream companies to finally make a few military history based titles that unashamedly require the person actually read the manual, and actually be ready to think and actually be required to try before the game will deliver squat to the game.
    I'm also tired of games being called wargames, when they are really only arcade shootemups.
    I'm tired of games based on clicking the mouse rapidly being called strategy anything titles.

I want titles that require real planning, real command decisions, and actual real world military considerations and repercussions.

Finally, I want military titles to more fully break out of the rut of only being realistically possible if sold for PC.
    I want more games like Panzer Tactics for the Nintendo DS.
    I want more games like Age of Empires: Age of Kings for the DS.

There's room for more turn based designs."

Lets see how it gets received.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

it sucks that you have to be 18. I have an asome idea and I can't present it. So ill post it here
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ace; 30 Jan 08, 20:14.
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

Hey Ace, I just copy pasted the entire doc file and you are now submitted for consideration

Hey, if I actually do get the X-Box 360 you're getting it (and I said that publicly ). I haven't any interest in a 360 at any rate, the things are always malfunctioning.

You were entered through my name (Paul Maud Dib) and I mentioned it was acting on behalf of Nathan Zachary (so they have at least one real name ).

They state they will email me if the idea gets posted, so I will let ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
          Hey Ace, I just copy pasted the entire doc file and you are now submitted for consideration

Hey, if I actually do get the X-Box 360 you're getting it (and I said that publicly ). I haven't any interest in a 360 at any rate, the things are always malfunctioning.

You were entered through my name (Paul Maud Dib) and I mentioned it was acting on behalf of Nathan Zachary (so they have at least one real name ).

They state they will email me if the idea gets posted, so I will let ya know.
          Thanks mate, i actully tried one under my real name to see what would happen. Nathan Zachary is actully my pen name though
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Just saw my game comment posted, managed to get 4 replies, 2 were from one person that obviously wouldn't give a **** if the wargaming industry was here or not

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
              Because they might actually not post mine (no reason to not though) here is what I sent.

"Seriously, I'm tired of games being made to appeal only to the lowest common denominator. I'm tired of games being so idiot friendly, that only an idiot will enjoy them.
              I would like a few mainstream companies to finally make a few military history based titles that unashamedly require the person actually read the manual, and actually be ready to think and actually be required to try before the game will deliver squat to the game.
              I'm also tired of games being called wargames, when they are really only arcade shootemups.
              I'm tired of games based on clicking the mouse rapidly being called strategy anything titles.

I want titles that require real planning, real command decisions, and actual real world military considerations and repercussions.

Finally, I want military titles to more fully break out of the rut of only being realistically possible if sold for PC.
              I want more games like Panzer Tactics for the Nintendo DS.
              I want more games like Age of Empires: Age of Kings for the DS.

There's room for more turn based designs."

Lets see how it gets received.
              Have you tried any Paradox games? Those are good (and damn complicated) I've had Hearts of Iron II for 3 years and I'm still learning how to effectively use my military.

On target though; Just curious, but Ace why is Kansas part of Texas and not Midwest? Balance?
              Last edited by Tankboy; 31 Jan 08, 16:16.
              And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
              Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
              Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
              Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

My real feelings on Paradox would get me a limited time banning or at least a lecture

Comment

Meh, I like Doomsday. I also like the graphics modifications

And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
                  Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
                  Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
                  Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

For that sort of look and design, I'd rather play Gary's game GGWaW AWD.
                    I prefer turns.

Comment

My Entry

just click this:
                      Attached Files
                      "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
                      -Mazer Rackham to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 262)

Comment

Ace, just letting you know, your game idea got posted (alas, the text box leads a lot to be desired (sorry about that, no alternative).

Here's a link.
                        http://goraiseyourgame.com/archives/194

Hope link works.

Although it appears you have seen, but just checking to make sure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X