Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help testing game?

Hi all,

I having being coding a PVP tactical combat game playable through a web browser, mainly for fun. Would anyone be interested in helping me test this?

It is almost a turn based game, in that you issue orders to your squads on a 2D map, when the game "ticks" your and your opponents squads carry out those orders, resolving any combat. I have spent a long time trying to make it very easy to play, you give orders by clicking on the map, orders are quite simple (move, ranged attack, change formation etc), but I have also put a lot of effort into how combat is resolved (for instance you do more damage to an enemy squad if you attack it from behind, so outmanoeuvring has a huge impact). It is based on sword/bow combat, with infantry, cavalry and archers.

Well, being player v player I need some players who would like to test this. I am trying to find firstly, is it intuitive to play, and secondly is the tactical nature of the game good enough to make it interesting.

If anyone is interested in helping me out, please either post here or drop me a pm. If I get enough interest (I have some people already lined up, but I would like at least 10 to make it easier for people to schedule battles) I'll post you the web site link. It is all www based so there is nothing to download.

Thanks in advance (and I hope this is OK to post in this forum?)

OK, I think I have found a few people to test this.

The link to play it is http://alpha.egoshock.com

Please ignore the bad webpage design, and weak game graphics/icons, it is the gameplay I have spent all my time working on. Anyone is free to make an account and try it out, and if it doesn't appeal to you then nothing is lost. The easiest way to try a game v someone else is to create an open game a couple of days into the future, which allows someone else to accept the challenge. Or, accept an open challenge from someone else.

Any feedback will be happily received, good or bad.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Okay, that looks kind of interesting. Would take a bit of getting used to, but I see where it could work.

I only tried the test game (non moving enemies). When you're playing against someone else, are the movements executed in turn or simultaneously?
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
        Okay, that looks kind of interesting. Would take a bit of getting used to, but I see where it could work.

I only tried the test game (non moving enemies). When you're playing against someone else, are the movements executed in turn or simultaneously?
        Thanks for trying it. When you play someone the movements of both players are executed simultaneously. Some orders (like changes of formations) are delayed compared to movement orders, special moves (like charge) are advanced compared to normal movement orders. If you attack an enemy squad before it has finished all its orders, it will not carry out any further orders that tick, so this gives you chances of interrupting your opponents order stream.

If you want to try fighting someone let me know when would be a good time for you and I will find you an opponent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X