how are WWII games set up in germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are WWII games set up in germany?

do they play as nazis? or more like guerrila resistance or just as the allies?

just wondering, its been confusing me for awhile...
    the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
    A man dies and leaves his name,
    A teacher dies and teaches death.
    Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

Are you asking how people from Germany play games set in WWII? I would expect they play them the same way that non-Germans do.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

My hobby shop in Fulda had a game running every once in awhile and it went just like any game here in the States.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Probably like the rest of us...with whatever side we either get stuck with or whine the most to play.

I play a lot of WWII scenario games...everything from the more light fare such as Memoir '44, to the chit-style games of Avalon Hill, Lock N' Load, and Panzer Grenadier. In the latter, I've played German SS, and don't think of myself as taking the "Nazi" side necessarily...its all recreation to learn and have fun with history. I would think my German friends do the same.
        http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

heh good question bless you for asking
          the english when dealing with germans dont even menshon the war ive lived with germans and the subject never came up
          id go as far as to go to a frends house to get my fix of ww2 films
          FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
          BAN ME NOW

Comment

like i love medal of honor and call of duty, how are games like that played in germany?

instead of a paratrooper are u a german rebel or are you a nazi or wat?

any germans in the house to help?

Comment

Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
              like i love medal of honor and call of duty, how are games like that played in germany?

instead of a paratrooper are u a german rebel or are you a nazi or wat?

any germans in the house to help?
              What are you really asking They are played on a PC with maus and keyboard. duh. Check around and some of the leading RTS WWII games are German productions. Reading between the lines you must have a VERY naive idea about Germany and Germans

HP
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                What are you really asking They are played on a PC with maus and keyboard. duh. Check around and some of the leading RTS WWII games are German productions. Reading between the lines you must have a VERY naive idea about Germany and Germans

HP
                im asking, do you play as Axis soliders, Allied soliders,or some rebel partisan type of solider.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
                  im asking, do you play as Axis soliders, Allied soliders,or some rebel partisan type of solider.
                  F if I know, I'm not German nor do I play the silly board games(MO) Why should the Germans play any differently than you?

Comment

If COD and MOH have German dubs, they'd play as Allies against the Nazi's.
                    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

General G. C. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Kong Ming View Post
                      If COD and MOH have German dubs, they'd play as Allies against the Nazi's.
                      ya if american games have german dubs it only makes sence, but what about german WWII games? COD & MOH are american games

Comment

I think the games are just games... someone playing Call of Duty in Germany probably has the same experience, other than the language being different. Nothing wrong with a German playing another side in a game.

I'm currently playing a Revolutionary War scenario with someone via email in which I'm in command of the British side. Likewise, the Panzer General game put you in control of the German forces, fighting against the allies. Playing a game is just that... you willingly suspend your disbelief to take on the role of the person/entity that you're playing as.

If you're asking about German game *developers* and whether they design WWII games differently, that may be a different question altogether.
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I have friends from germany that play board and miniatures games and they play them like us, often playing the germans (still remember a husband-wife team beating me and a group of British NCO... we were the allies and them the germans... the game masters were both germans). And COD2 has a german version and in the single player game you play the allies like the rest of the world version, but some german made RTS set in WW2 have you playing the germans without problems.
                          Last edited by Arrigo; 08 Dec 07, 09:33.
                          the real credit goes to the little ARVN soldier. He is just tremendous, just magnificent. He stood in there, took all that fire and gave it back. General James F. Hollingsworth USA.

Bomben, Bomben, Bomben auf Hamasland!

Comment

Yeah after I caught your drift of the question, playing Call of Duty or Medal of Honor is the same any country just with a different language most likely and probably removal of Swastikas.

Surprisingly the French eat up CoD, I've seen dozens of French clans and servers but I have seen a number of German ones as well.
                            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

If you're asking about German game *developers* and whether they design WWII games differently, that may be a different question altogether
                              Games Published by CDV Software Entertainment

(official site)

Panzer Tactics DS (DS)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 30.10.2007War Leaders: Clash of Nations (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 23.10.2007War Front: Turning Point (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 23.02.2007Blitzkrieg 2: Fall of the Reich (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 15.01.2007Pacific Storm (PC)
                              Genre: ShooterRelease Date: August 2006Cossacks II: Battle for Europe (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 28.06.2006War Leaders: WW2 (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 01.04.2006American Conquest: Divided Nation (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 27.03.2006Hammer & Sickle (PC)
                              Genre: RPGRelease Date: 05.12.2005Blitzkrieg II (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 26.09.2005Codename: Panzers Phase Two (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 01.07.2005Divided Nation (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 21.06.2005Codename: Panzers (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 01.09.2004Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 15.04.2004Breed (PC)
                              Genre: ShooterRelease Date: 02.04.2004Cossacks: The Art of War (PC)
                              Genre: StrategyRelease Date: 02.04.2003Grom (PC)
                              Genre: RPGRelease Date: 01.11.2002

Plus

Sudden Strike series, Burning Horizons and........................all form CDV located in Karlsruhe Germany

HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X