Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atari Ceases Game Development

Atari CEO Resigns as Company Withdraws from Production

"Struggling Atari has instituted a new plan to exit games production and focus on distribution. At the same time, CEO David Pierce has stepped down."

Dude. Even with names like Blizzard, Bethesda, Valve, Matrix, and others hogging up media attention in these days, Atari still houses a special place in my gaming heart, harking back from my younger years with that wonderful console. very sad to see them have to make such a decision.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
    Atari CEO Resigns as Company Withdraws from Production

"Struggling Atari has instituted a new plan to exit games production and focus on distribution. At the same time, CEO David Pierce has stepped down."

Dude. Even with names like Blizzard, Bethesda, Valve, Matrix, and others hogging up media attention in these days, Atari still houses a special place in my gaming heart, harking back from my younger years with that wonderful console. very sad to see them have to make such a decision.
    I don't understand why people attach some special meaning to Atari because fond memories since todays Atari has nothing to do with Atari of past. Todays Atari is just Infogames renamed to Atari.
    "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
    Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Comment

Originally posted by JML View Post
      I don't understand why people attach some special meaning to Atari because fond memories since todays Atari has nothing to do with Atari of past. Todays Atari is just Infogames renamed to Atari.
      You are correct! I believe the change to the Atari name was only for name recognition only. But, there is a certian nostalgia when I think of Atari.

Comment

Gardner: ‘We’re rebooting Atari’

New CEO to take Atari from being a top 20 “packaged goods brand” to a top five online player
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Journalism accuracy lacking.

There are three stages to be in:
          - game development (hacking the code)
          - game production (producing the physical package)
          - distribution (just having a warehouse)

I'm not sure Atari was in the first category at all.

Comment

to a top five online player
            hmm

Atari owns the distribution rights to Dungeon and Dragons Online. They have done everything they can to prevent the developer, Turbine from making it a success. Unless Atari has fired their market department they will never become a player in the online market.
            FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Now that I agree with. Sadly, the general consensus according to us long time D&D players is that, the only way DDO will ever be a success is by replacing the Eberron setting. Which would mean scrapping everything they've done up to now.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I would have rather the Greyhawk or even Forget Realms setting but I can live with Eberron.

Just let Turbine market the game. It is bad enough have Hasbro/Wizard of the Coast involved but Atari's marketing strategy has done more then anything else to cripple the game development.
                FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X