Predictions... Pakistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions... Pakistan?

So will we be seeing any modern-day Pakistan themed scenarios for wargames in the near future? My cursory reading of the events leading up to the current SNAFU seems to suggest a few interesting conflict opportunities.

(Not to make light of it, of course. Just as a reflection of current events.)

Quick overview, for those who haven't been keeping up with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Pa...e_of_emergency
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

dunno brother..i ain't done none of that Plans and ops/threat analysis shitze, in many years. But my boils tell me the lads down at Fortress Hood still watch and plan for a variety of reasons to include that even if the Prez.. ie. Musharrif, is a pain in the ass, he's our current pain in the ass moderate that we wan't there....

and hell pard; we've got historical perspective for/from decades past, to come up with good games, not to mention real world stuff, that says we pull a Noreiga on his ass, if he dont play ball....the way we view it necessary to be played.

Or at least till the libs get in and then right the whole region off vice appeasement vice the Iranians.

best
    CV

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good analysis to me.
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Musharrif is "our" guy and Bhutto was pro western (or at least not anti Western) as well when she was the President. I have cofidence that if they can keep control of events all will be well, relatively speaking. What scares me is if they loose control then some fundimentalist hothead military officer is going to let some other fundimentalist make off with some nukes in which case the West may well be screwed.
        Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
        If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          Musharrif is "our" guy and Bhutto was pro western (or at least not anti Western) as well when she was the President. I have cofidence that if they can keep control of events all will be well, relatively speaking. What scares me is if they loose control then some fundimentalist hothead military officer is going to let some other fundimentalist make off with some nukes in which case the West may well be screwed.
          I don't think the west will be screwed, However I think the Pakistani Islamic fundamentalist's who are staunchly ant-Indian are going to break off talks and attempts to get on better terms with their arch nemesis to the east India and may very well attempt to cause trouble in Indian Kashmir which could then cause a full scale war with India possibly involving the use of nuclear weapons.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X