Hope this is the right forum for this? Computer compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this is the right forum for this? Computer compatability

I am looking for Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, I found it on Amazon.com. They are being sold out of American locations. But.......(yeah, there's always a but ) My question is since the ones there are boxed for the UK, can they be used in an American computer?
    It says Windows98/me/xp, etc.
    Is there a difference with computer games on cd; like there is with CD's and DVD's?
    And what is XPLOSIVE Brand? Mechwarrior is a Microsoft title.
    Does DVD case mean dvd disc?

Shipping: In Stock. Ships from CA, United States. Expedited shipping available. International shipping available. See shipping rates. See return policy.
    Comments: Brand new & sealed in retail case from UK.
    Shipping: In Stock. Ships from IN, United States Expedited shipping available See shipping rates
    Comments: Brand New! Sealed DVD Box Xplosiv brand name
    Shipping: In Stock. Ships from FL, United States See shipping rates
    Comments: XPLOSIV BRAND NEW GAME IN SEALED DVD CASE, DELIVERED IN 7-15 BUSINESS DAYS, FOR 98/ME/XP/2000.
    Sorry about all of the silly questions...but well I am a silly person

I have Mechwarrior 4, plus a couple of the expansion packs, I think i have black knight and mercenaries, when i get home from work, i'll check. But if you want them, you can have them, i never play them.

But when i get home, i'll double check what mechwarrior 4 stuff i have.

Comment

Originally posted by deterrumeversor View Post
      And what is XPLOSIVE Brand? Mechwarrior is a Microsoft title.
      A value software publisher apparently.
      http://www.xplosiv.net/

Comment

I just picked it up myself after going on a BT kick for the past few months. The XPLOSIVE version is just a budget label... it is a licensed version from MS Game Studios. It comes with 2 CDs and a really cheap plastic case, but plays just fine (no manual at all... not like you need one really).

I bought the UK version of Evil Genius a while back since I just couldn't get a US version and it worked fine. The only thing I had to remember to do was download the UK patches instead of the US ones, otherwise, it worked perfectly.
        If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla View Post
          I just picked it up myself after going on a BT kick for the past few months. The XPLOSIVE version is just a budget label... it is a licensed version from MS Game Studios. It comes with 2 CDs and a really cheap plastic case, but plays just fine (no manual at all... not like you need one really).

I bought the UK version of Evil Genius a while back since I just couldn't get a US version and it worked fine. The only thing I had to remember to do was download the UK patches instead of the US ones, otherwise, it worked perfectly.
          Thanks for the response mate!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X