Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamer Advocate

Gamer Advocate

Gamer Advocate, an online research tool dedicated to establishing dialogues between gamers, game developers and marketers, launched its website today.

The website serves to engage, document and support the views of the most influential and vocal gamers while addressing a need in the game industry for an unbiased feedback loop in the game development process. Ultimately, the site empowers gamers to assist game developers in creating better games. Games that gamers want to play... and buy.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
    Gamer Advocate

Gamer Advocate, an online research tool dedicated to establishing dialogues between gamers, game developers and marketers, launched its website today.

The website serves to engage, document and support the views of the most influential and vocal gamers while addressing a need in the game industry for an unbiased feedback loop in the game development process. Ultimately, the site empowers gamers to assist game developers in creating better games. Games that gamers want to play... and buy.
    That's excessively generous Jim, and after visiting the site, I am wholely and utterly disapointed.

First off, the last 3 registration fields are incorrectly named. Whoever designed the site is an amatuer, or did it half asleep.

Second, to better describe the site, it is ONLY currently a place where you can answer about 8 rather bland questions like how much ram do you have, what's your OS, and what consoles do you own.

There's two surveys present, one called an initial survey, is almost cloned by a survey supposedly for Battlefront.com.

To be quite frank, the site is as badly prepared as CM SF was on day one.

I didn't get the slightest impression my answers would be worth squat to anyone. I don't feel like I "touched base" with any designers, and unless I am given a means to actually "say something", other than click on some hopelessly bland vague drop down menu choices, chances are I won't return there.

That data will also be flawed, as they have clumsily omitted to make it possible to choose "none of the above" which means, you can't go onto the next page or conclude a survey on the last page, unless a choice is selected from each question. So that will mean some questions are just answered to finish, and the answer will be inaccurate an invalid.
    Thus, the site as it stands, serves no one at all.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

None of the above - or the absense there of is problematic. We, for example, do not own a console system so the respose given was incorrect just to allow me to continue the survey.

There have been a couple of surveys done - one by GAMA for the board game industry that these folks should consider as a starting template. Just depends on what they are really looking to do.
      Last edited by traygreen; 06 Sep 07, 16:24.
      Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
      Normandy 2007
      ACW Border Wars 2008
      Bulge 2008

Comment

yeah the site is a shambles

and is probably a con to get you to supply personal information

jim should know better than to promote a site as suspicious as that one
        The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved.

- Gore Vidal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X