X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
    RPGs are like atheist rage made into videogames
    I don't believe in God.

RARGH! Must smash! Kill! Destroy! RARGH!

. . .

Lay off the sauce for a while, Swampy.

Comment

Am I the only person who knows about the "Dragon Warrior" series. Around my old friends its legend is only rivaled by the "new school" (to us) Final Fantasy parts 1, 2, & 3. I guess I don't know any of the new games, 'cause after that (1993) I learned how to use a real R.P.G.

Books. Paper. Pencil. Dice.

Now What?
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
        I don't believe in God.

RARGH! Must smash! Kill! Destroy! RARGH!

. . .

Lay off the sauce for a while, Swampy.
        lol, that made me laugh!!

Comment

I was never a fan of Dragon Warrior or FF... I stuck with BT.

My RPGing is done with paper and pencil using GURPS, not a PC... so much more flexible (though less directly visual).
          If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

I throw dice

Originally posted by chrisvalla View Post
            I was never a fan of Dragon Warrior or FF... I stuck with BT.

My RPGing is done with paper and pencil using GURPS, not a PC... so much more flexible (though less directly visual).
            My GameMastering portfolio includes D&D, AD&D, AD&D 2nd Edition, Shadowrun, all of the Palladium Books from Rifts to Palladium the RPG, and my personal favorite, Dark Conspiracy from GDW, a cross between X-Files, Mad Max, and Resevoir Dogs. Here's and old site with sokme stuff about Dark Conspiracy.

http://darkconspiracytherpg.info/page.php
            Last edited by Paul Mann III; 08 Jul 07, 03:13.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Well, still being a relative youngin I was weened on Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger on the SNES I hacked my way through Diablo shotout everyone in fallout and even went looking for a sweet ass gun mod for Morrowind. The idea od paper and pencil and dice disgust me. To me these are IMPEDIMENTS to the RPG experince. I don't care if they are the core mechanics behind the gaming system, as long as I don't have to see them.

And what's the appeal of Shadowrun anyway? Worst of both world to me at least.
              How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
              275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
                My GameMastering portfolio includes D&D, AD&D, AD&D 2nd Edition, Shadowrun, all of the Palladium Books from Rifts to Palladium the RPG, and my personal favorite, Dark Conspiracy from GDW, a cross between X-Files, Mad Max, and Resevoir Dogs. Here's and old site with sokme stuff about Dark Conspiracy.

http://darkconspiracytherpg.info/page.php
                What? No TW2000? for shame! SHAME!

I remember the day I graduated from D&D to AD&D... I had a elf... an elf what you ask... what do you mean an elf 'what'? He's an ELF... lol... and the fighter... his race?... does that affect gameplay somehow?

RIFTS would make for an interesting online gaming experience.
                If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

No Cadillacs and Dinosaurs for me.....

Originally posted by chrisvalla View Post
                  What? No TW2000? for shame! SHAME!
                  I knew I forgot one. I have an original set of Player and Referee Manuals for TW2000, I usually blend it in with Dark Conspiracy, although we have had some strictly Twilight campaigns. I never did make around to finding a copy of Cadillacs and Dinos though. We used to play 4 or 5 days a week for at least 3 or 4 fours at a time, I lose track of some of the games. Plus, I worked in an RPG store, so I've had to play alot of games I didn't own.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
                    And what's the appeal of Shadowrun anyway? Worst of both world to me at least.
                    The guys I played with are the last types you'd expect to play an RPG. They needed the grit of the Shadowrun world (and more so of Dark Conspiracy and Twilight 2000) to keep it fun. After years of Dungeons & Dragons, and a little of the Rifts series, it was a world slightly closer to our own tht kept us playing. People love that cyber-crap too ( I don't). Throwing the 50 dice a roll was the downfall of Shadowrun for us, the skill system was irrating and complex, and few people besides myself enoyed it, so I switched up to GDW, with the less complex dice system, and refined alot of their rules, with some elements of the Shadowrun system ( the maps transfer nicely too).

BoRG

Comment

My group loved a modified version of Shadowrun. We basically threw out the majority of the rules (we hated dice pools), and heavily minimized the magic.
                      ďTo discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.Ē

Comment

Never mind "influential" - I'm trying to figure out how these are categorized as "role-playing" when they are actually single-player computer games what inherently limit the universe of actions available to a player....

I guess it's the tabletopper in me coming out.
                        In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

I personally like the simgle player RPGs. They allow me to play the story without some chucko f***ing it up.
                          How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
                          275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

10. Fable
                            9. Final Fantasy Series
                            8. Baldur's Gate Series
                            7. Planescape: Torment
                            6. Fallout
                            5. Ultima Series
                            4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
                            3. Diablo
                            2. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
                            1. World of Warcraft

My (completely arbitrary list) non-mmrpg

10 Fall Out & Baldur's Gate & Ice Wind Dale Series(can't decide) They will never be made again.
                            9 Vampire the Masquerade (Redemption &) Bloodlines.(Bloodlines was really fun, redemption was a bit old))
                            8 Planescape Torment
                            7 Kotor I & II(II was not that good!)
                            6 Jade Empire
                            5 Deus Ex & Deus Ex II
                            4 Beyond Good and Evil
                            3 Eye of the Beholder
                            2 Wizardry
                            1 Might and Magic

* Honory degrees(being to old alas)
                            Lords of midnight. The first fully visual game with actually something like 3d in it. Played it for hours and hours.
                            Betrayal at Krondor.
                            The Bards Tale.
                            Dearest of all my Friends(Vlad in max payne 2)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X