X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseer
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisvalla View Post
    SC2 has an XP mod out there for those who dumped your DOS/Win9x machine long ago called the Ur Quan Masters (keyboard only, no mouse) as well as a bad-ass techno music suite (http://www.download.com/3000-7537_4-10660832.html or http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/). It's sort of telling about how *smelly* the game was/is considering it's 15 years old and in no time you can get back into *dancing* with the Orz.
    That's the one!

(The Orz are awesome).

Leave a comment:

• chrisvalla
    replied
    SC2 has an XP mod out there for those who dumped your DOS/Win9x machine long ago called the Ur Quan Masters (keyboard only, no mouse) as well as a bad-ass techno music suite (http://www.download.com/3000-7537_4-10660832.html or http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/). It's sort of telling about how *smelly* the game was/is considering it's 15 years old and in no time you can get back into *dancing* with the Orz.

Leave a comment:

• mirrorshades
    replied
    Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
    I've been aching for another Napoleonic game like that. Maybe the Rome: Total War Napoleonic mod can relieve my lust?
    In my opinion, Imperial Glory is a bit better than the Napoleonic Total War mod, though they're both quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Overseer
    replied
    I never played the sequel, but I played Starflight many times on the Sega Genesis (my dad played it through once too if I recall).

Another awesome classic: Star Control II.

Someone actually updated it for the PC (freeware), and I played through it again on that a few months ago.

Leave a comment:

• BarcelonaBlom
    replied
    Originally posted by revans View Post
    It was a great game.

Another old DOS title I'd like to see redone would be Fields Of Glory. This was a pretty entertaining game about Napoleon and the battle of Waterloo. You could also fight Quatre Bras, Ligny, and Wavre as well with a couple of made up battles thrown in for good measure. Pretty realistic as far as troop movements and how much punishment they could take before 'routing'. Very easy to play for the time.
    I've been aching for another Napoleonic game like that. Maybe the Rome: Total War Napoleonic mod can relieve my lust?

Leave a comment:

• mirrorshades
    replied
    Another old DOS title I'd like to see redone would be Fields Of Glory. This was a pretty entertaining game about Napoleon and the battle of Waterloo. You could also fight Quatre Bras, Ligny, and Wavre as well with a couple of made up battles thrown in for good measure. Pretty realistic as far as troop movements and how much punishment they could take before 'routing'. Very easy to play for the time.
    I recently got that game; kind of interesting, but the controls seem somewhat awkward to me. Also I thought the battles got a bit blotchy and hard to watch when you have a few units all together going at it.

Neat looking game, though:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/fi...eShotId,17523/

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
    Yup Panzermacher would spend hours playing Starflight II.
    It was a great game.

Leave a comment:

• BarcelonaBlom
    replied
    There was an old DOS game called Starflight that we played in the late '80s. That game had it all! Exploration, colonization, space battles and a great storyline. You built your own ship and constantly upgraded with the money you earned by exploring the galaxy. You could even land on planets and put different life and plant forms in stasis and take them back to earn money. It came with a fold out map of the galaxy and we used to mark on it where all the different jump points were and where they led. It was awesome!! We played that for hours and hours. I would really love to see that upgraded and redone with today's technology.
    Yup Panzermacher would spend hours playing Starflight II.

Leave a comment:

• mirrorshades
    replied
    6. Wasteland - 1988
    Would be slick to see Wasteland redone using the FIFE (Fallout) engine:

http://www.fifengine.de/

There are some guys doing a massive decompilation of the original Wasteland files, you can find their wiki here:

http://wasteland.wikispaces.com/

Leave a comment:

• Gott Heinrici
    replied
    Lucas Arts "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" was a great Flight sim and a remastered version would be brilliant.

Also They have yet to better the mighty "Elite"

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    There was an old DOS game called Starflight that we played in the late '80s. That game had it all! Exploration, colonization, space battles and a great storyline. You built your own ship and constantly upgraded with the money you earned by exploring the galaxy. You could even land on planets and put different life and plant forms in stasis and take them back to earn money. It came with a fold out map of the galaxy and we used to mark on it where all the different jump points were and where they led. It was awesome!! We played that for hours and hours. I would really love to see that upgraded and redone with today's technology.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    Hello,

There are only TWO games I demand to be remade: Wing Commander and Mechwarrior 2!

MW 2 is a classic, one of the best combat sim games out there. I could remember days when I sat in front of my computer, refighting the battles agan and again just because it was SO fun!

Wing Commander is a game I really WANTED to play, but never got a chance. Ironically, one of the very FIRST computer games I bought as a kid was Wing Commander III, probably one of the best Wing Commander games if only because it was live action with real actors and a good storyline.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
    The SSI Gold Box series are older than Baldur's Gate... so the isometric view is more "new fashioned" compared to those games!
    True, I still remember the "3D" view from Pool of Radiance and such. They could use the engine from Company of Heroes, that would work well.

Leave a comment:

• mirrorshades
    replied
    Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
    I'd like to see the Gold Box series from SSI be redone, using graphics from the old Baldur's Gate series. I've always like the top down 3/4 view, call me old fashioned.
    The SSI Gold Box series are older than Baldur's Gate... so the isometric view is more "new fashioned" compared to those games!

Leave a comment:

• Overseer
    replied
    I've come around to the fact that games could actually benefit from it (as opposed to movies generally).

One I'd love to see is the first Silent Hill (and the early Resident Evils). I'd love to see them revamped more similar to Resident Evil 4.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X