Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 PC Games We'd Like to See Remastered - GameSpy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 10 PC Games We'd Like to See Remastered - GameSpy

    Top 10 PC Games We'd Like to See Remastered

    10. SkyNET - 1996
    9. 4-D Boxing - 1991
    8. Aces over Europe - 1990
    7. Wing Commander - 1990
    6. Wasteland - 1988
    5. Alone in the Dark - 1992
    4. Diablo - 1998
    3. X-Wing and TIE Fighter - 1993/1994
    2. Mechwarrior 2 - 1996
    1. Star Control II - 1992
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

  • #2
    XvT only if they use similarly resized models to X-Wing Alliance (the capital ships, ISDs in particular were too small).

    On the whole, I'd prefer they revamped the entire TIE Fighter campaign again (they upped it to Win 95 standards a while ago) and maybe added in multiplayer along the lines of X-Wing Alliance.

    Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

    www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

    www.tabletown.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
      Top 10 PC Games We'd Like to See Remastered

      10. SkyNET - 1996
      9. 4-D Boxing - 1991
      8. Aces over Europe - 1990
      7. Wing Commander - 1990
      6. Wasteland - 1988
      5. Alone in the Dark - 1992
      4. Diablo - 1998
      3. X-Wing and TIE Fighter - 1993/1994
      2. Mechwarrior 2 - 1996
      1. Star Control II - 1992
      Good list there. Though I never played 1, 8,9, or 10.

      But I like the other games they want redone. The TIE/X-wing series needs it heavily or just a new game along the same lines.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

      Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

      Comment


      • #4
        Aces Over Europe would be great!! I'm tired of flying MS Combat Simulator. I'd like to see the Gold Box series from SSI be redone, using graphics from the old Baldur's Gate series. I've always like the top down 3/4 view, call me old fashioned.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've come around to the fact that games could actually benefit from it (as opposed to movies generally).

          One I'd love to see is the first Silent Hill (and the early Resident Evils). I'd love to see them revamped more similar to Resident Evil 4.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
            I'd like to see the Gold Box series from SSI be redone, using graphics from the old Baldur's Gate series. I've always like the top down 3/4 view, call me old fashioned.
            The SSI Gold Box series are older than Baldur's Gate... so the isometric view is more "new fashioned" compared to those games!
            "I am not an atomic playboy."
            Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
              The SSI Gold Box series are older than Baldur's Gate... so the isometric view is more "new fashioned" compared to those games!
              True, I still remember the "3D" view from Pool of Radiance and such. They could use the engine from Company of Heroes, that would work well.
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello,

                There are only TWO games I demand to be remade: Wing Commander and Mechwarrior 2!

                MW 2 is a classic, one of the best combat sim games out there. I could remember days when I sat in front of my computer, refighting the battles agan and again just because it was SO fun!

                Wing Commander is a game I really WANTED to play, but never got a chance. Ironically, one of the very FIRST computer games I bought as a kid was Wing Commander III, probably one of the best Wing Commander games if only because it was live action with real actors and a good storyline.

                Dan
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                "Aim small, miss small."

                Comment


                • #9
                  There was an old DOS game called Starflight that we played in the late '80s. That game had it all! Exploration, colonization, space battles and a great storyline. You built your own ship and constantly upgraded with the money you earned by exploring the galaxy. You could even land on planets and put different life and plant forms in stasis and take them back to earn money. It came with a fold out map of the galaxy and we used to mark on it where all the different jump points were and where they led. It was awesome!! We played that for hours and hours. I would really love to see that upgraded and redone with today's technology.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lucas Arts "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" was a great Flight sim and a remastered version would be brilliant.

                    Also They have yet to better the mighty "Elite"
                    "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian


                    "Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      6. Wasteland - 1988
                      Would be slick to see Wasteland redone using the FIFE (Fallout) engine:

                      http://www.fifengine.de/

                      There are some guys doing a massive decompilation of the original Wasteland files, you can find their wiki here:

                      http://wasteland.wikispaces.com/
                      "I am not an atomic playboy."
                      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by revans View Post
                        There was an old DOS game called Starflight that we played in the late '80s. That game had it all! Exploration, colonization, space battles and a great storyline. You built your own ship and constantly upgraded with the money you earned by exploring the galaxy. You could even land on planets and put different life and plant forms in stasis and take them back to earn money. It came with a fold out map of the galaxy and we used to mark on it where all the different jump points were and where they led. It was awesome!! We played that for hours and hours. I would really love to see that upgraded and redone with today's technology.
                        Yup Panzermacher would spend hours playing Starflight II.
                        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

                        Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
                          Yup Panzermacher would spend hours playing Starflight II.
                          It was a great game.

                          Another old DOS title I'd like to see redone would be Fields Of Glory. This was a pretty entertaining game about Napoleon and the battle of Waterloo. You could also fight Quatre Bras, Ligny, and Wavre as well with a couple of made up battles thrown in for good measure. Pretty realistic as far as troop movements and how much punishment they could take before 'routing'. Very easy to play for the time.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by revans View Post
                            Another old DOS title I'd like to see redone would be Fields Of Glory. This was a pretty entertaining game about Napoleon and the battle of Waterloo. You could also fight Quatre Bras, Ligny, and Wavre as well with a couple of made up battles thrown in for good measure. Pretty realistic as far as troop movements and how much punishment they could take before 'routing'. Very easy to play for the time.
                            I recently got that game; kind of interesting, but the controls seem somewhat awkward to me. Also I thought the battles got a bit blotchy and hard to watch when you have a few units all together going at it.

                            Neat looking game, though:

                            http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/fi...eShotId,17523/
                            "I am not an atomic playboy."
                            Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by revans View Post
                              It was a great game.

                              Another old DOS title I'd like to see redone would be Fields Of Glory. This was a pretty entertaining game about Napoleon and the battle of Waterloo. You could also fight Quatre Bras, Ligny, and Wavre as well with a couple of made up battles thrown in for good measure. Pretty realistic as far as troop movements and how much punishment they could take before 'routing'. Very easy to play for the time.
                              I've been aching for another Napoleonic game like that. Maybe the Rome: Total War Napoleonic mod can relieve my lust?
                              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

                              Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X