No announcement yet.

Geopolitical / Government Simulations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geopolitical / Government Simulations?

Anyone know of any Geopolitical / Government / Military Strategy games? Some free-form elements are fine, but I'd like for there to be some type of structure. Barring an actual game that I can join, does anyone know of any rules sets that I could use to create my own?

Cheers.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

There's the not-so-recommended Superpower 2 (beware, comes with Starforce), antiquated predecessor Superpower, or even older Shadow President or Cyber Judas. SP and CJ have no real military portion beyond 'x' thousand number of troops versus 'x' thousand, but they have some decent geopolitical 'gaming'. I never got SP2, but SP was OK... though it almost always turned into a nuclear WW3 no matter what you did if you played it long enough.

I think there are/were some people running a giant online verison of Supremacy with some monster rule additions so it's not just about winning the market, building L-stars and launching your nukes to win the game. There was also a game Supremacy Online years ago that had some spinoffs that has some serious potential but never got out of the starting gate. It's possible some of them made something of it and have it going.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Conflict Middle East
      "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Actually, I've already got Conflict (you can download it for free). And, I'm actually playing it...

It's sad when a 15+ year old game is the only one worth playing.
        Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

anyone got a link to dld Conflict Middle East from?

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Sure it's more gamey looking to some eyes, but nothing is actually more representative of geopoliticalgovernmentalreligiouseconomicalinfastr ucture based gaming than Civ IV.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Conflict would be smashing if it would be upgraded.
              Using this game's tech and military tree, but without the silly map and children's graphics:

http://www.miniclip.com/games/world-domination-2/en/

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
                Anyone know of any Geopolitical / Government / Military Strategy games? Some free-form elements are fine, but I'd like for there to be some type of structure. Barring an actual game that I can join, does anyone know of any rules sets that I could use to create my own?

Cheers.
                I'd suggest Superpower 2 with the Global Realism mod to hold you over until Mission President is released in NA.

Comment

Sense

There is a program called Strategic Economic Needs and Security Exercise (SENSE), that was developed by the IDA and USIP. We have used it in our school to drive a negotiations exercise. HERE is a link to what is being done with it now...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
                    It's sad when a 15+ year old game is the only one worth playing.
                    Is it sad? Well, considering the pace of advance in computer technology, yeah, I guess it is sad; old games look and feel clunky on new systems (if they run at all).

But I don't think it's sad that old games are still great, or better than most new games. To me, that just means they've stood the test of time; their quality shows and lives on.

That's why classic games like chess are still some of the best in the world, centuries after they first came on the scene.
                    --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X