Everybody boycott THR gun forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody boycott THR gun forums!

Hello, I just wish to bring to the acg communities attention, that the gun forum I used previously, named : The High Road, which has had quite nice people in it, has now just done something completely un-american. And, it's so 'too much' that I invite you to check out the thread I tried to start, and say if you think it was so offencive that it had to be blocked....

So, here is the 'other forum, that got about 10% of my forum writing time, the rest going to acg'.

Here is the thread, and the moderators reply: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=275968

I have put my text onto this acg thread, that I KNOW will respect freedom of speach, so here goes, please feel free to give your oppinion and pics! Here: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...494#post682494

Defend the freedom of speach that has made acg tolerate my sometimes anti US comments (not many, but some of my personal oppinion especially in the famous 'monty threads' that we had three years ago)!!!

I got some pm's from moderators, but even those were never 'well shut you up'... My dad got one once from a guy I havent seen in ages... But (and this aint brownosing, it's real), I have searched, and joined a dozen forums, and I just keep on coming to acg. cant explain but best I know of!
    "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

I have to agree with you pounder. The moderator went overboard closing the thread based on only your post and his fear of a flame war. He should have at least waited to see if one developed before closing the thread. sounds like he just didn't like the topic to me.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Just one thing guys, I don't think we should really be discussing activities on another forum in here - I know we wouldn't like it if the position were reversed (and it has been in the past). Such things can themselves start flame wars and no-one wants that.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

much ado about nothing, from what I read. Some infantile for a mod

HP
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

These "forums" remind me alot of the old Bulletin Board Systems days. Alot of nonsense fighting and clique hating. I was responsible for more bad than good posts in those days too, and everyone was a "co-sysop" or a "moderator." There was more staff than members on most of those things. It's nice for me to be able to hide amongst the 11,000....
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Was ACG's design based off of that forum? A lot of thigns looked realy simliar...
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Waffle a lot of forums use the same "software template" (so to speak) I believe this one is called vBulletin. Its pretty common but we keep ours updated to the latest version.
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

It's been 10 years for me, I can't remember what software I ran mine from, seems like it started with a B, but who knows...
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Yeah, plastic guns are not a good idea, no wonder our AK-armed enemies have been laughing at us right through Nam and up to the present day..

Comment

First, as the guy has blocked me from writing anything anymore on their site!!! And I had some good discussions on that site about the good old Browning hi-power, and the question about why doesnt the 10mm round 'take off' like it's little brother the .40s&w, as it has such a devoted following, and is really a good new bullet for handguns... So I just was knocked down when he pressed a complete ban on me for that thread! Well, goodbye THR. I'm happy with the ACG crowd.

Thanks for your support guys!

Anyway, I just wanted to get some ideas, and discussion going about enviromentalism and gun culture. Nothing weird, our gun club just converted all of their bullets (exept for a couple of calibers not available in the new line of bullets), from cheaper check bullets, to more expencive but a 'green line' of bullets from the USA I belive, less nitrate, less residual poisons in the air kind of stuff, and defenately re-cyclable casings!

See, quite innocent, and if one chooses, one could get info on which of the multitude of AR-15s is still pretty much recyclable, as some plastics are you know, and some are not...

But still the wood and steel approach is the safest if one CHOOSES to want a completely organic material gun (yes, I see steel as an organic compound, it rusts and turns to earth just like anything else organic). So, a Browning Hi-Power, or a Sig-SAS with nothing but steel and wood, is a pretty safe bet, but there is such a mix, and one that I wanted to find out about was if the modern Scandium-Alluminium mix was just meltable into making new guns, or not?

So, I just cannot see what the guy's problems were, unless he was so thick that the pictures I posted (I like to share pics as some of you have probably noticed), were of probably organic, or at least mostly organic with some re-cyclable plastic, that could be easily changed into wooden grips...

Nothing bad there eh?

As to the similarity, as I have said, aside from ACG, and this one, I have tried many a forum, but just cannot seem to find the similar nurturing and yet intellectually very rewarding combo that the ACG forums give, the style of forum, is the same in about 50% of all forums out there, must be using the same version of Dreamweaver huh?

So, anyway, here are some guns that I belive to be either completely organic, in that if you bury it, in a hundred years there will be some red soil there to remind of the rust.

And the others, have plastics on them, but most of the modern polymers, can be melted, and re-used, that's why most modern plastics are marked (in the EU anyway)...

So, I'll put up some good looking guns! And we can leave mister whomever to his paranoid fears of talking shop about firearms on a firearm forum, like 'is that made from steel and wood, or...?'

Mr Poundr.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 17poundr; 18 May 07, 10:46.
                    "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X