Archon Coming Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archon Coming Back

Anyone else a fan of this game? I spent a lot of time on those old Atari 800xl playing this "battle chess" type of game.

MYRIAD INTERACTIVE SECURES ARCHON LICENSE
    DEAL SIGNED WITH FREE FALL GAMES
    For immediate release

London: 6th February 2007

Myriad Interactive begins the year with a series of license agreements. First to be announced is the signing with Free Fall Games of Archon, the title that made its first appearance in 1983 on the Atari 8-bit computer, but was then ported to classic consoles such as the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and even the NES. The game proved popular with its cunning mix of strategic gameplay and intense action sequences.

“We are incredibly pleased to have signed this brand. Archon is a well respected license that has huge nostalgic value for the right reasons - the gameplay, the great combination of strategic thinking and the intense arcade action,” says Leo Zullo, founding Partner, Myriad Interactive.

“Archon was such a favorite that we’re pleased to make it available to a new generation. We look forward to a new version of the game that combines the fun and spirit of the original with today’s exciting technology,” says Jon Freeman, Creative Director & Partner, Free Fall Games.

“We believe now is the right time to bring Archon back and look forward to presenting the concept to a new generation of gamers, as well as those that remember it 1st time around,” Zullo concludes.

Archon will be published through the Mercury Games brand, and details on the formats will be released soon.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Just finished reading about that meself! Hours and hours playing it. Will be grand to go at it again!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I would imagine now someone would/could program in some mods and make it modern vehicles instead of medieval/fantasy creatures...
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
        Beirut
        by casanova
        Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
        Today, 00:47
      • casanova
        Nuclear battleheads.
        by casanova
        A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
        Yesterday, 23:58
      • casanova
        German Navy
        by casanova
        250 german marines are going to the mediterianian sea by the German frigate Hamburg to watch the weaponembargo against Libya. It's a EU military mis...
        Yesterday, 23:48
      Working...
      X