Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best comercial wargame(need a reply fast.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best comercial wargame(need a reply fast.)

what is the best comercial wargame in your opinion? Besides the Combat mission series. Need to know quickly.

Hard to name just one like that, what scale you're looking for? what period? what difficulty level?

Comment

Maybe modern war? I dont know. i am new to computer strategy games. How is The Operational Art of War?
      Last edited by sunoco; 15 Dec 06, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by sunoco View Post
        Maybe modern war? I dont know. i am new to computer strategy games. How is The Operational Art of War?
        You ask a complicated question - and the answer will vary WIDELY on your expectations. The Operational Art of War III (Matrix Games) is an excellent choice if you enjoy "hex based" wargames. It is not quite as good at modern war stuff though - and it is a bit high on the complication scale if you are totally new to wargames.

Are you just looking to throw money at something, or do you have more specific interests? We can help you narrow it down, but we need more to work with.
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by sunoco View Post
          I would avoid complicated wargames like TOAW III if I were you, what do you like best? turn-based or real-time?

Comment

What is better? TOAW? or WinSPMBT?(already have it.) i like Steel Panthers, starting to get th hang of it. Is TOAW better? Any good alternatives?

I think id prefer a tun based game but either would do.
            Last edited by sunoco; 15 Dec 06, 12:49.

Comment

I'd go with 'Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich'. It's 'real-time' rather than turn-based and features one of the best AI programmes you can find. The only down-side is that it's pretty time-consuming to play online although I enjoyed the experience very much.

The latest game from the developer is 'Conquest of the Aegean' which is a fine game but the subject matter may not appeal in the same way that HTTR will do.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/default.asp is a good place to read up on these games.
              Signing out.

Comment

My response will be ENTIRELY biased, because I am going to just ignore anything I don't like

For Shooters BF42 wins. No other game in it's type hit the mark more than it.

For Real Time Strategy, Rise of Nations. The rest I won't play if paid to.

Squad Tactical Steel Panthers World at War through a Mega Campaign. Many versions of Steel Panthers exist, but only the Mega Campaigns are truely awesome.

Tactical goes to Highway to the Reich series. Nothing comes closer to be awesome use of proper chain of command.

Operational = The Operational Art of War3. No other game gives you more games in a box.

Grand Strategy Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided. Gives the whole globe.

Board game Advanced Squad Leader. It has no competition at all.

Uniqueness vote. Up Front. Sadly not on sale as we speak. Plays like Poker, can be taught to a wife. Can play it nearly anywhere.

Worn out award for most used article in collection. Rommel in the Desert from Columbia Games.
                Last edited by LRB; 15 Dec 06, 13:56.
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Hoi 2

Hearts of iron 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Im trying to play as the Germans and it is really tough.

Chad
                  "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Already have HOI2 I just ordered TOAW III and Combat mission Barbarosa to Berlin.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X