Star Trek Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Legacy

Star Trek Legacy is due to release tomorrow for XBOX 360 and PC. Anyone else interested in this one? Or am i the only trekkie here ?!

For those who dont know, its a starship battle game set in the star trek universe allowing you to control over 60 differnet vessels from the 4 major races.
    Check some vids here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...32/vids_1.html
    Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Originally posted by GameGeezer View Post
    Star Trek Legacy is due to release tomorrow for XBOX 360 and PC. Anyone else interested in this one? Or am i the only trekkie here ?!
    no, i'm a massive trekkie but i prefer war games to scifi games. i can't really get on with scifi games for some reason.
    Big40 events. By skinheads for skinheads.

Comment

I used to like the Starfleet Command games - I had the first one and the third one (not sure how or why I missed the second), but they were very cool.

I also played Star Trek: Armada for a while, got the 2nd one but it didn't add anything really and I got bored with it very quickly.

Anyone ever play Birth of the Federation? IIRC it was made by the same peeps who made MOOII - on this basis, I bought it. I got so annoyed with it I destroyed the CD with a hefty pair of scissors so I wouldn't be tempted to play it again (and ruin another day...).

This one looks interesting, but I'll wait for reviews before I plump for it. Like Star Wars, some Trek games are great, others resemble a pile of dingo's kidneys.

GameGeezer - let us know what it's like will you?

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Of course Doctor S. Ive been looking forward to this game for many months and unless the reviews are particularily dismal i will probably buy it. And then the news shall spring forth.

Comment

I know I really want to get Legacy, but I did a hunt for the PC game today, hit every single computer game story up here in Peterborough Ontario, and couldn't find anything...bt the upside is my parent is going to order it from EBay for me, and it will either be a christmas gift or i pay her back for it, either way I will get the game, may not be able to play it until i return to university, but the point is I will have a copy!

Comment

I agree Galens..its strange, the release date is December 5th, but no word on any copies anywhere. All the internet official sites read BUY NOW and STAR TREK LEGACY ships across North America today and things to that affect...very strange indeed.

Comment

If it says "Ships today" that means it won't be in stores until the next day or maybe two.
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I bought my copy yesterday, it was the last copy in the local Future Shop, I have been playing it like crazy, It is among the best Star Trek Games, i have seen since the action adventure style that were on on the old 386/486 DX2's in the early 90's.

They did a good job to make the game feel like a true Trek experience. It even explains the accident that occured with the Federation's experiments into Omega Particles, as introduced in Voyager's 'The Omega Directive'...among some other tidbits, that if you watched the series, you will pick up on...I highly recommend this game

Comment

Can you play it multiplayer over the internet?

Dave
                  "First on the battlefield waits for the enemy fresh. Last on the battlefield charges into the fray exhausted." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Yes you can, and i have had certain parts of my anatomy handed to me on a plater, in most of the games i have played, I am still trying to get used to the game...

Comment

Nice, sounds awesome. I'll definitely consider picking it up after Christmas (need to make sure noone put it under the tree for me )

What are you favourite ship classes for each of the races?

Comment

I learned my lesson a long time ago, and unfortunately, I didn't heed my own advice.

The Legacy forums are awash with negativity when it concerns everything from the controls, to the graphical display of the ships, to the maps. It's blatantly obvious that the game is a 360 port, and a botched one at that, not to mention the FAQ included with the game reads like a 'fix it yourself don't bother us' guide.

The file directory for Legacy looks like a garbage dump filled with half done game modes and files from previous games. It takes but a casual glance into the file structure to see just what a mish mash job the PC version of Legacy is. There are files from Armada 2 strewn all over the the place. Even more hilarious, in some of the files, there are specific fields marked as being, and I quote, "Not for public release, please comment out". At this point, I was just looking at my screen wondering how a PROFESSIONAL development company could leave the file structure of a game so incomplete and unorderly.

Save your money.

EDIT:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/start...s&subj=6163147

http://pc.ign.com/articles/750/750369p4.html

PC Gamer podcast on Legacy. Nasty...
                        http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/?p=105
                        Last edited by Marines; 23 Dec 06, 13:15.

Comment

Marines, I read some of the user comments on Amazon that seemed to reflect your comments here - I think I'll stay away from it, alas.

Dr. S.
                          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                            Marines, I read some of the user comments on Amazon that seemed to reflect your comments here - I think I'll stay away from it, alas.

Dr. S.
                            I'm a closet Trek nerd... A big one.

I'm sorry to say, Legacy was a rushed product that certainly doesn't deserve the Trek license.

Hell, Bridge Commander looks and plays better than Legacy.

Comment

Star Trek: Legacy

Star Trek: Bridge Commander

Star Trek: Legacy

Star Trek: Bridge Commander

Nuf said.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X