Game Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Suggestions?

I am stuck with my laptop for a bit until I can figure out my tower situation, back at university....I am waiting to move it home for the summer. Anyways I am looking for a simple ww2 game, I can play on my laptop 1.7 ghz process, 512mb ram, 64mb video....as I didn't bring any of my games or software down with me, sorta dumb of me.....anyone have any suggestions?

How complex/simple a game are you looking for?
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Download WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT, the best tactical computer wargames you can find and they are entirely free:

-http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPWW2/1.htm

-http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/1.htm

Comment

One of these days I am going to buy the CD version of MBT, I'm a snob, I can't play a game unless it supports 1280x1024...
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I'm duty bound to recommend the Combat Mission games.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Galen107
            I am stuck with my laptop for a bit until I can figure out my tower situation, back at university....I am waiting to move it home for the summer. Anyways I am looking for a simple ww2 game, I can play on my laptop 1.7 ghz process, 512mb ram, 64mb video....as I didn't bring any of my games or software down with me, sorta dumb of me.....anyone have any suggestions?
            Try the free TacOps4 demo. It isn't WW2 but its only a 15 meg download, it includes several good sized scenarios that you can play all the way through, and it will work great on your laptop.

http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html
            Best regards, Major H
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, they should tide me over until my tower gets up here....thanks

Comment

I have downloaded and played this game many times in the past few weeks. It's enjoyable and I find it very easy to play. I do have a couple of issues with it but, for the most part, it's a worthy game. Plus it's free.
                "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Which game?

Comment

WinSPWW2

It's fun to play but some of the scenarios are almost impossible to win. But they have like 400+ scenarios to play around with, so there should be something for everyone.
                    "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A belated thank you to all those that submitted suggestions, but as you may have guessed I am back on my tower, back to Blitzkrieg 1 and 2, SH3, and my many many other games....it is funny, how invovled in get into some of these games

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                        One of these days I am going to buy the CD version of MBT, I'm a snob, I can't play a game unless it supports 1280x1024...
                        me too, except it's 1280x800 in my case. Sometimes getting older games (and games like hex games) to work in wide screen can be a major pain in the bum.

Comment

Been playing Steel Panthers World War 2 for ages, downloaded the newest version a few weeks ago but I've had the original since basically 1996 . Loved it, thank you very much for recommending SP:MBT I love the modern theme to it, great changeup.
                          Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

I think I am going to try the SPMBT game I hear it is quite good,anyone know of any good Vietnam era games, besides TOAW, and Battlefield Vietnam

Comment

Check out HPS' Tour of Duty and Vietnam. Turn-based, squad level but individual soldiers are the units of play.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X