Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Review

Read the review here.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

good review.

i really like this game, it is an improvement over morrowind in my opinon. if you go to the elder scrolls forums, there was already a thread about the top 100 things bad about oblivion, and honestly, alot of them i agreed with. but it's not enough for me to stop playing, oblivion is very addictive.

i think the greatest improvements besides graphically, is the quest journal, waypoint compass, and the combat.

i do think that the game is shorter than morrowind quest wise, and finishing quests is easier with the waypoints.

i do hope that there might be a patch that will flesh out the skills abit, like adding the unarmored skill or axe skill, and make hand to hand better.i too have run into some crashes, most of time when exiting the game, but also sometimes from loading a quick save, or when i was trying to fast travel with Martin up to cloud ruler temple.

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423
      <snip>

i do hope that there might be a patch that will flesh out the skills abit, like adding the unarmored skill or axe skill,

<snip>
      The axe skill is under 'Blunt'.

It's because Axes and hammers are used in a similiar manner.

Or maybe they just arn't sharp. *Ba-dum tish*

Comment

yeah, i know they're considered a blunt skill, but i was thinking it would add some variety. i dont use axes, i'm a swords kinda guy, so no worries if it stays the same.

Comment

That's a well-done review James, thanks! Though this is one I wanted to do badly. I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls, having played Daggerfall, Arena, and still putting around Morrowind at times. Now that I have a computer that will handle it, this and Half-Life 2 are at the top of my gonna-buy-next-payday list.
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

i actually messed around with my morrowind the other day, and i was suprised at the differences between the two, aside form the graphics of course. i do think that combat is much better in oblivion, and i forgot that you dont regenerate magicka in morrowind, ouch! i believe oblivion has much better gameplay, but i think it lacks some content that made morrowind a great game.

Comment

New Oblivion Expansion sort of announced

Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Detailed Oblivion Map!
                Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Oblivion Map via Google Maps API

Awesome! I bet soon I'll be able to see my character's home in Anvil here.
                  Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X