Matrix Refund Policy ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Refund Policy ??

Copied this from the page (their site hates links, it's in Maximum Football forum).

Matrix Games March Refund Offer

Due to an error in our online store, it has come to our attention that some customers in the US, Canada, Australia stores may have seen a different refund policy than our standard "sales are final" policy which we've had for years. We want to make sure that we deal with our customers fairly and because of this store error we are offering a one-time refund window. If you are interested in a refund on your copy of Maximum-Football purchased from March 1st through March 23rd, please read the below carefully to make sure your refund request is processed smoothly.

1. You must have placed the order between March 1st and March 23rd via the US, Canada or Australia store in order for this offer to apply. The UK and Europe stores have an existing 14 day refund policy which has been and remains in effect. If you placed your order through the UK or Europe stores, the standard policy applies.

2. Write an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information (very important!):

Subject: March Refund Offer

Your Name
    Your Order Number
    The name of the product you are requesting a refund for
    Whether this is for a physical (boxed) copy or a digital download

3. In the case of a digital download refund, you will be asked to provide us with a statement that you will delete the product entirely from your system, including the serial key and not share it or transfer it to anyone else. You will be asked to confirm that you have not done this or sold the product to anyone else since the time of purchase. Once we have this statement, your refund will be processed.

4. In the case of a physical (boxed) copy refund, you will be asked to mail the product back to us, including a printout of the e-mail with your order info and refund request in the mailing. Once we receive the product with your order info, your refund will be processed.

5. All refund requests must be received by March 31st to be eligible for this offer. Any requests received after 5PM EST, March 31st will be ineligible for this offer. If you send in a refund request and do not receive confirmation that it has been received before this deadline, please re-send it to make sure that it has not been intercepted by a spam filter along the way.

To be clear, outside this one-time offer our policy remains the following for the time being:

US, Canada, Australia - All Sales are Final (except in the case of a physical defect or does not run)
    UK and Europe - 14 day refund policy

We are working with Digital River to ascertain the exact legal requirements that resulted in the change to our UK and Europe refund policy. Once are certain of these parameters, we will update our store refund policy accordingly. We will also be updating the store pages to make access to our terms and conditions more obvious during the ordering process.

Regards,

- Erik

My only thoughts on this basically revolve around the thought "Isn't this crazy?".
    To my knowledge if I go into a store, buy anything digital ie music, video, game, application, if I open it I get to keep it. Not sure on the law.
    Is Matrix Games opening up a bad idea offering a refund?
    I mean, I get a digital download, I seek a refund, and my only obligation is I must claim I have deleted the game and serial?
    Isn't that a tad on the trusting and entirely flaky side?

Yeah suuuuuure I deleted it, yep and the serial too.

I understand that it is a UK and Europe thing under normal conditions, not all of us. I still think it's nuts.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X