Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion goes on sale TOMORROW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be getting this one Thursday! I'm wondering if you guys have added any mods and / or fixes? For instance, in Morrowind, I found a fix that reduced the weight of paper to a more common sense weight, instead of it being the same weight as a book. Maybe Oblivion hasn't been out long enough yet...?
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
      I will be getting this one Thursday! I'm wondering if you guys have added any mods and / or fixes? For instance, in Morrowind, I found a fix that reduced the weight of paper to a more common sense weight, instead of it being the same weight as a book. Maybe Oblivion hasn't been out long enough yet...?
      Not at home at the moment so I can't cite specifics but there is a very rich selection of mods out there already that modify just about everything from scenery to characters to items to dwellings to gameplay depending on you taste. Some of the best push the graphics to even higher levels and enrich the weather, make wild life behave more naturally , etc. etc. One even allows you to have an animal companion without unbalancing play too much. A number tweak the everything changes level together nature of the game to make the difficulty of encounters a little more random and makes a few places deadly for a new player. There are also the usual mix of the "I don't really want to take eany risk so heres a mod that makes everything easy type mods out there." Haven't tried any of those. Gamespot has a number of good ones. Many of the old Morrowind sites now have an Oblivion section. I will post names of some of my favorites this evening.
      Boston Strong!

Comment

• By the way. If your system can run at the top graphical settings without slogging this site has some good information about tweaking the ini for even higher quality graphics.

http://elderscrolls.blogspot.com/200...ts-tweaks.html

By far my favorite mod is Oscuro's Oblivion overhaul. He has essentially done a great rework of the entire world to nake the linearity of npc levels and treasures a bit more random. Thus it is possible at low levels to meet things that will eat you for lunch and at higher levels to have some encounters cake walks. I got mine from gamespot which has detail notes. You may have to play a while under the standard set-up to fully appreciate this. It also includes several other mods you can choose whether to implement. One makes wildlife behave a bit more naturally one allows you to slow the rate of levels down to 1/2, 1/4 or 1/8 the normal rate with some balancing of the rate different skills level. One allows you to select the respawn rate for randoms.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamesp...47372&mode=all

Other mods I use:

"Call steed and saddlebags" lets you buy a spell to summon your steed if he wanders off or if you discover a dungeon that exits elsewhere than where you entered. It also lets you put items on the horse when crouched.

The other mod I use is "Deadlier Sneaking" it tweaks slightly the stealth kill multiple at lower levels written primarily because the master level skill increment appears to either not work or be so trivial as to be unnoticable. Does not make an uber killer and boss criters can still give you a real challenge.

Most of the other mods I use are graphical enhancements and I will not list those since it all depends on system capability and tastes.

Oh yes. I have experimented with the "Dheydenhal Pet shop: which lets you acquire an animal companion. Seems to work pretty well on my system not sure about lower end. Some transition point problems but you are provided a means to summon you pet if they don't make it through the town gate.
        Boston Strong!

Comment

• Make sure you grab the latest patch, although to be honest I'm not terribly impressed with the changelog for how long it's been.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X