Cold waters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold waters.

Just bought this game and tried a few tutorials, loving it already. I was hesitant to buy it, probably a bit expensive but after watching some YouTubers play this I just had to try it out. I'm not disappointed.

Anyone else thinking of getting it?
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.

I would like a surface game like that--but with multiplayer

Comment

I am thinking of. Played a lot of its predecessor, the Red Storm Rising.

Sadly it seems - per youtube videos - that they still have the same old horrible map screen 'strategic' navigation thing in it. With the same old effects and same old bugs it had couple of decades ago (i.e. getting stuck on errant pixels and all that).
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

I'm hoping to see more NATO subs in the mix later on, all though I expect it coming in mods than from the devs.
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Don't tempt me, I was out of gaming for awhile but might get this one.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
            Don't tempt me, I was out of gaming for awhile but might get this one.
            Kind of flows in how you wish to play, if you want to run slow and silent you must be content with long durations just listening for anything. Go full speed and the Soviets will drop everything at you.

This guy is apparently a former US navy sonar operator, and has been doing heaps of videos. Sometimes he will tell a few old navy stories during the games, very cool to listen to. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9b...NaMPsK9GtzM5dQ
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Back home after a good day hunting.

Attached Files
              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

I was watching The Mighty Jingles play it. Looks really interesting, but too pricey for me right now. I keep buying video games I'll never get my SIG purchased
                BoRG
                'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

The game will get another campaign soon, for free, it's currently in beta for those who choose to play it. This time it's in the year 2000 and a conflict in the South China Sea against Chinese targets. The other two campaigns already in the game have US & Soviet subs from 1968, and another version but now in the year 1984 with subs from that era.

Screen shot in the South China Sea

Screen shot in the Norwegian Sea, this is an old screen shot but I still continue to use a reduced visibility mod, to make visibility under water more realistic.
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Working...
                  X