Question regarding Steam.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Steam.

I've been playing a few games I've bought from Steam, and will do so even more in the future. But I'm upgrading to a new computer soon so my question is, does Steam keep the saved games if I delete my games and reinstall on the new computer? The old computer will be wiped clean.
    At the end of the day it's not a big deal, but on one game I've played countless hours and would hate to see it revert to nil again.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Nope, the saved games are saved locally. You can usually find the folder under my documents/my games or some such. If you want to save your saved games just copy them into a flash drive, and transfer to the new computer once you have steam and the games installed.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
      Nope, the saved games are saved locally. You can usually find the folder under my documents/my games or some such. If you want to save your saved games just copy them into a flash drive, and transfer to the new computer once you have steam and the games installed.
      That actually varies from one game to another. More modern games especially have options to save the data to the cloud. But it is not something that happens automatically of course.

I mean there is an option for 'Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it' - of course not all can do so it is always safer to move the files by yourself.
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Thx guys, I'll copy them onto a flash drive... but also might try linking the two computers and do a file transfer.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

my single player games weren't saved when I went to a new PC
          but my ranks had not changed on the multiplayer games

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X