Ages of Empires II, what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ages of Empires II, what next?

Been out of the PC gaming for a few decades, but went I'm in possession of a lot of "free" time these days.

So, given that I liked AoEII a lot, what games should I look at on Steam? TIA
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

AoE III
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      AoE III
      Yeah, I was considering that. But is it more of the same or have they tweaked it?
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources

Comment

Cossacks is what I moved on to after AoE.Good game,which I still play occasionally.I think its still going cheap on GOG.
        Wack tac mac hey.
        Regards.
        Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
          Yeah, I was considering that. But is it more of the same or have they tweaked it?
          I find it more enjoyable than II. Add on the Asian and Indians and get a little bit more. Of course in these sort of games its always a been there done that.

One of the tings I like is the AI, yea, believe it or not.

You can play the same map with the same lineup of players but the AI never reacts the same.

Comment

Why is it that everybody likes Steam so much...I hate it (log in everytime and then updates...S**** OFF)
            I don't want to play on forums...all that agressiveness and name calling
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
              Why is it that everybody likes Steam so much...I hate it (log in everytime and then updates...S**** OFF)
              I don't want to play on forums...all that agressiveness and name calling
              I bought AoEII there, didn't join in the meyhem. Not interested in playing online with old guys in their Mom's basement.
              Hyperwar, Whats New
              World War II Resources

Comment

I bought AoEII there, didn't join in the meyhem. Not interested in playing online with old guys in their Mom's basement.
                Excellent. Nice to know I'm not the only one
                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Basically, the kind of game I like is animated chess.
                  Hyperwar, Whats New
                  World War II Resources

Comment

I thought you bought the World in Flames computer game. That ought to keep you busy if you could round up enough players.

If not you might try TrippleA.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/

Lots of options there.

A more direct link. http://www.triplea-game.org/
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I need gaames I can play solo, because I need to stand down frequently.8
                      Hyperwar, Whats New
                      World War II Resources

Comment

Well try the TrippleA. Think Axis and Allies on the computer. The AI is a bit squishy but it works well and you might get crushed the first couple go arounds. What's really fun about it is the various time periods you can play.

And its free.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          Well try the TrippleA. Think Axis and Allies on the computer. The AI is a bit squishy but it works well and you might get crushed the first couple go arounds. What's really fun about it is the various time periods you can play.

And its free.
                          If I could beat the AI first time around I'd be ... upset that I spent money on the game.
                          Hyperwar, Whats New
                          World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                            Excellent. Nice to know I'm not the only one
                            Your not alone. Spend an hour or so a day with just the AI and me.

Comment

Been out of the PC gaming for a few decades, but went I'm in possession of a lot of "free" time these days.

So, given that I liked AoEII a lot, what games should I look at on Steam? TIA
                              You might like to try the original Medieval Total War with the Viking Invasion add on. There is even a free XL version you can download, which adds new territories and factions (https://steamcommunity.com/app/34526...0046873941980/).

Along with AoE II, Red Alert 2 and, the original Neverwinter Night's (NWN), it's one of the few games that I still play (too much) today.

The original NWN is still the best overall roleplay game imho, simply due to all the free additional modules its members have created for download. Many are far superior to the original 'premium' commercial NWN products.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X