Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Pokemon game adds $7.5 billion to Nintendo market value in two days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon game adds $7.5 billion to Nintendo market value in two days

Shares in Japan's Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.T) soared again on Monday, bringing market-value gains to $7.5 billion in just two days as investors cheered the runaway success of Pokemon GO - its first long-awaited venture in mobile gaming.

The game, which marries a classic 20-year old franchise with augmented reality, allows players to walk around real-life neighborhoods while seeking virtual Pokemon game characters on their smartphone screens - a scavenger hunt that has earned enthusiastic early reviews.

In the United States, by July 8 - two days after its release - it was installed on more than 5 percent of Android devices in the country, according to web analytics firm SimilarWeb.

It is now on more Android phones than dating app Tinder and its rate of daily active users was neck and neck with social network Twitter, the analytics firm said. The game is also being played an average of 43 minutes a day, more time spent than on WhatsApp or Instagram, it added.
    Reuters - Full Article

Tell me about it...my two grandchildren found it yesterday and spent part of the afternoon hunting for the what evers across a state park. nA, at least they were out side playing
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Tell me about it...my two grandchildren found it yesterday and spent part of the afternoon hunting for the what evers across a state park. nA, at least they were out side playing
      That has been one of the selling points - it is getting children outside interacting with a mix of technology and outdoors exertion.

It ain't football, but it has kids traveling around looking for pokemon, meeting with new friends, and otherwise doing more than just sitting down.

Though there have been some funny anecdotes about confused elders being confronted with children asking if they can go into their back yard to catch a rare pokemon...

Comment

I think it's a very fun incentive. It gets people out and about and WALKING! (In America, imagine...)
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

I will stomp on any pokemon that I see.
          Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

Comment

The game is good and all but i am more interisted in this Augmented Reality tech. It cheap than VR and could be usef for so much more than gameing.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Working...
            X