• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim H. Moreno
    started a topic Operation Supply Drop / 8BitSalute

Operation Supply Drop / 8BitSalute

Hello all!

Do you know about Operation Supply Drop and the 8BitSalute fundraising 24-hour game-a-thon? Now you do!

Your orders are to join Team Armchair Generals and game along with us on 17-18 May and help us meet our mission goal of raising $250. Or, you could just donate some spare cash to our effort! Either way, you'll be helping support deployed U.S. troops by keeping their morale at least balanced with the everyday stress they are under.

This will be the event's 3rd year, and ACG's first year participating. We have more news and info incoming regarding OSD and 8BitSalute, so stay alert!

Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 26 Apr 14, 21:13.

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    So, I know ACG is full of people who have stated they support the U.S. military. I also know ACG is full of gamers, of all types. What I don't know is why no one has joined Team Armchair General (and only one person has donated to our team) to help support the U.S. military with their gaming morale through this excellent charity. If there's any website that should be leading the charge when it comes to the military and gaming, it's us. Why isn't that happening here?

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Here's a bit of official info straight from the 8-Bit Salute site:

Since our inception, Operation Supply Drop has raised almost $700,000 in games and donations, with 2013’s 8-Bit Salute raising $530,000 in donations alone. We are determined to set a new high score by breaking the million dollar mark in 2014, and with your help, we can absolutely do it!

WHEN: May 17th 9am EST – May 18th 9am EST (Or whatever weekend works for you!)

WHERE: In your comfy chair, at a friend’s house, or really wherever you get your game on!

GAME/PLATFORM: Any game, any platforms. There are no restrictions: you want to play 24-hours of shuffleboard, it’s up to you!

HOW IT WORKS: Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor you. They can make a monthly pledge or a one-time gift. We encourage each participant to have a goal of $250 in donations. Easy math says that's only $25 from 10 people. Have a seat (or stand) and play games on May 17th and see how long you can hold out and how much you can raise for the troops!

WHO IT BENEFITS: Gamers will be raising money to build video game filled care packages (supply drops) for members of the Armed Forces deployed to Afghanistan, conducting humanitarian missions across the globe or recovering in military hospitals in the states.
    So. Anyone up for shuffleboard?

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    To be clear, you can play Atari 2600 as part of this charity drive. The only requirement is to ask your friends and family to support you with donations (say $1 per hour of gaming) and if you have the time to play for 24 hours you can join Jim on the weekend of May 17-18 while he leads our team.

Hope we get some folks to help him out!

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    11 & a wake up!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Here's what I expected Team Armchair General would do:

SpaceTimeGames 8-Bit Salute Progress & Event Update
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    12 & a wake up!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    13 & a wake up!

Remember, EVERYONE who joins Team Armchair General OR donates to us will receive an exclusive promo code to HistoryNetShop.com for 10% off at checkout!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    14 & a wake up!

And we've received our first donation, bringing us to 10% of our $250 goal. Click on this Team Armchair Generals donation link to make yours!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    I'll pony up some cash, but it'll be by a gift card. I never ever use a credit card online. Wait a bit while I manage to gimp to the store...

Sciatica really sucks...

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Darn don't have any of those games. Maybe I can give some cash. Of course with exchange rate my crapy pay and what not it will be limted. Or I can dontated a game of my steam libarbry.

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    15 and a wake up!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    16 days & a wake up!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Why Support Operation Supply Drop?

Here's the answer.

The Good Fight: Operation Supply Drop

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    My 8BitSalute Games List

List of the games I'll be choosing from to play during my 24-hour game-a-thon.

Age of Wonders III
    Company of Heroes
    Defiance
    Firefall
    Heroes & Generals
    MechWarrior Online
    Path of Exile
    Panzer General Online
    Planetside 2
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
    Star Trek Online
    Star Wars The Old Republic