Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Darn, this world is so gorgeous I can't stop playing.

So far I killed 3 dragons, purchased a battle horse that's very useful in combat because it kicks and bites enemies, collected a ton of expensive weapons and armor, made more gold than I can spend.

Also, I obtained a hot chick who's my personal bodyguard and follows me everywhere.

This world is so huge it may take months to explore it fully...

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Two words: Hell yes!
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Built a house, got married, adopted a kid, and have nearly finished decorating my place.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

An enjoyable game for sure.

Do you have hearthfire? If so, what's your favorite house site?

As my Viking character (Bjorn of Helgafjord was his name) he first built across the channel from Solitude his more personal house. There was the armory, and so forth--things more important to him personally--not the family home. He was working on getting a house more central in Skyrim to build his family.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
          An enjoyable game for sure.

Do you have hearthfire? If so, what's your favorite house site?

As my Viking character (Bjorn of Helgafjord was his name) he first built across the channel from Solitude his more personal house. There was the armory, and so forth--things more important to him personally--not the family home. He was working on getting a house more central in Skyrim to build his family.
          LOL, I named myself Olaf the Terrible. Norse names are cool.

BTW, I had no idea I can build housing in the game. What do you do with it?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post

I built on the shore of a lake SW of Whiterun.

The housing (Hearthfire expansion) becomes avalible when you become a Jarl. You buy the land; when you go to it you find a workbench and drafting table. You can design a sizable manor, with trophy rooms. kitchen, armory, all sorts of options. You can then furhish the rooms with furniture. Outside, you can plant a garden with potion components, have a cow (milk & butter for the kitch), chickens.

You can hire your own carriage service, a bard. If you get married your wife will live there and provide you with bonuses and options. You can adopt orphans you find, and they will provide you with bonuses and bennies.

I've got weapon collections, display cases with souvenirs on display...all sorts of stuff.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

became a werewolf, then a vampire then human then a vampire again, i am leader of the black hand and mages guild and i still have the skeleton key. And i have a great house wive and kids.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                Haha nice! OH!!! I just got an idea....previously, Bjorn had Solitude Guard's Armor as his body armor, because it seemed like one of the most Viking-ish (it has chainmail and such) and it is red which is my fav color. However, Bjorn means Bear in Norse, so....I SHOULD HAVE HIM GET A STORMCLOAK SHIELD. AND JOIN THE STORMCLOAKS. Lol. Windhelm/Stormcloak's emblem is a bear. Also, I could get the fearsome bear skin armor from the Stormcloaks which would be perfect for my Himintelgja-wielding Viking! Well actually he retired his Dane Axe named Himintelgja to a prominent display case in the entryway of his personal home, in favor of the legendary Wuuthrad (Himintelgja was an upgraded and enchanted Iron Battle Axe that served me for quite some time really--it looks like a Dane Axe pretty much). Though the shape isn't exactly the same, he has his Long Seax (Sax) to use in conjunction with his Viking-esque round Steel Shield (it looks the most Vikingish I think).

I think I will next make a naked Celt warrior for kicks n giggles, and will try to have him survive as long as possible into the game without using really any armor...or really any clothes for that matter. IIRC the Imperial light shield looks the most similar to a Gaulish/Celtic hex shield so I'll try to get one of those, and get him a good sword. He will have blue woad as much as possible on his skin. And crazy hair. He will fear nothing.

Yeah get the Hearthfire DLC. There are 3 building sites. One is in Falkreath (the Jarl of Falkreath will probably have a courier deliver a letter to you sometime after you buy the DLC (assuming you're at least lvl 10 I think) that says to visit him and you will have to do a favor or two for him, then you can buy the build site for 5,000 gold. Next you can go out to it in the woods near the lake, and start building at the carpenter's table. It is called Lakeview Manor.

There's also one north of Whiterun near a farm, and is usually more snowy/that sort of weather whereas Lakeview manor is warmer weather more I think.

And lastly one on the northern coast of Skyrim across the channel from Solitude. You have to be at least lvl 20 or 22 or something like that IIRC for this one and/or the previous one. You do not need to go in order though, and don't need to build all.

Lakeview manor gets a bee farm type thing you can build, the north-of-Whiterun one gets a grain mill, and the coastal one gets a fishery thing. Traditionally, people consider the 2nd one to be the "family home" because it is relatively close to Whiterun ("the big city") and thus centrally located; it also has lots of open area for the kids to play in

The coastal one (Windstad Manor) is generally seen as a your character's personal retreat house of sorts, being on the fringe of Skyrim and amongst great scenery. For example you may want to build your armory, trophy room, and such here, where you can show off your character's personal glories; but the previous one is great for building children's bedroom, and such.

Lakeview also could be a personal retreat house if you prefer the woods more, and there is the lake too. For both Lakeview and Widstad, I suggest building a tower of any kind, if nothing else just so you can see the view better from both!

But in the end, it's up to you.

A tip - steal the golden statue of Dibella, and place it on your character's nightstand or somewhere else in the house...
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                  became a werewolf, then...
                  I remember this guy in a prison cell somewhere who had this ring, but forgot where he's at, anyone ?
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    I remember this guy in a prison cell somewhere who had this ring, but forgot where he's at, anyone ?
                    Yeah. My farmer/miner/mountain man/peasant/un-dovahkiin character, Avar, ran into him in Falkreath and was stuck with the ring until he finally went and got rid of it.

Hehe Avar was a good ol' character of mine. He was my "realistic + regular person in Skyrim" playthrough, since I thought that would be fun. If I was playing on PC, I would've gotten mods to make the game for that playthrough different. Like I would've started him not at Helgen, and instead in Riverwood or some other place as if he was no one special in Skyrim. He has a couple of different pairs of clothes, a hood for when it gets rainy or whatnot, some hide boots and bracers, and a somewhat improved Iron Sword. He kind of drifts, looking for ores to mine, crops to harvest, and such. He can't use any potions so to replenish himself, he must purchase foods. Unless he finds somewhere to sleep for free, he tries to make it back to Riverwood/other town/inn/etc before nightfall and sleeps there. Part of his work includes working at mills. His sword is sufficient to fend off wolves and a few bandits but he tries to remain safe, which is why he tries not to go anywhere at night. He saved up for a horse which let him travel farther and explore, and eventually worked hard to gain a homestead in the woods where he has built his home. He plans to add a greenhouse to supplement his homestead's farm, as well as other things.

--Hávamál

Comment

Yeah. My farmer/miner/mountain man/peasant/un-dovahkiin character, Avar, ran into him in Falkreath and was stuck with the ring until he finally went and got rid of it.

Hehe Avar was a good ol' character of mine. He was my "realistic + regular person in Skyrim" playthrough, since I thought that would be fun. If I was playing on PC, I would've gotten mods to make the game for that playthrough different. Like I would've started him not at Helgen, and instead in Riverwood or some other place as if he was no one special in Skyrim. He has a couple of different pairs of clothes, a hood for when it gets rainy or whatnot, some hide boots and bracers, and a somewhat improved Iron Sword. He kind of drifts, looking for ores to mine, crops to harvest, and such. He can't use any potions so to replenish himself, he must purchase foods. Unless he finds somewhere to sleep for free, he tries to make it back to Riverwood/other town/inn/etc before nightfall and sleeps there. Part of his work includes working at mills. His sword is sufficient to fend off wolves and a few bandits but he tries to remain safe, which is why he tries not to go anywhere at night. He saved up for a horse which let him travel farther and explore, and eventually worked hard to gain a homestead in the woods where he has built his home. He plans to add a greenhouse to supplement his homestead's farm, as well as other things.
                      Thank you, I refused the ring when I first met him, expecting something like this.

I have few evenings to spend next week though and thought about starting a new character and start him off as a werewolf -

off to Falkreath I am
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I've had fun with it since it appeared. Have all the Dlc as well. Mostly goofing around now with 'mod's via STEAM workshop.

I'm still mad over the fact that the Nervarine was given shortshrift in this ES but as a die hard Morrowind fan what can you expect.

I'm new so I won't give my what should they have done gripe list right now.
                        But with all that off map space in the south and the east I was hoping for a least an outpost in Hammerfell and maybe a quest over to Black Light.

What I'm interested in seeing is whether they do a '6' or will that damn MMPORG (coming soon) use up all the creative budget and talent.

Comment

I watched a trailer for Elder Scrolls Online and was like: what. What is this. None of these people look like Skyrim people or anything. I'm not sure whether I want to try it now. I was hoping for something kind of like Skyrim but just online. From the trailer it looks completely different.

--Hávamál

Comment

I watched a trailer for Elder Scrolls Online and was like: what. What is this. None of these people look like Skyrim people or anything. I'm not sure whether I want to try it now. I was hoping for something kind of like Skyrim but just online. From the trailer it looks completely different.
                            Well apparently it's set during the Interregnum period of centuries before. Perhaps if one sees it there's a chance to meet a young Talos Storm Crown.

The fact the producers are basically using the same creation engine doesn't surprise me. What will is if they're unable or incapable of maintaining continuity with lore that's already been established through the ES1-5.

Personally I believe its a money gambit and most players I know are not happy as the lapse between ES's was long already and that included 2-3 DLC's per Chapter. I think another DLC or two for Skyrim was the way to go(Hammerfell and High Rock or some where on mainland Morrowind). Or update ES2/3 to be played using modern systems with updated graphics etc.

This is their flagship franchise and it looks like they're more interested in sitting their buttocks on the beach with the multi-millions they have accrued then any serious future ES. This MMorpg is a sop; much like Solstheim-Dragonborn was intended to appease Morrowind fans. Although it was fun, it didn't. And my prediciton is that unless they load mega dlc onto the mmorpg, it wont go much more then three years. Look at Diablo 3. Unless you had an increase in systems caps one couldnt get on it. I'm using a laptop a little over 2.5 years old and dont have the support.

Will that be a problem with ES on line. Dunno yet.

Comment

I'm not sure how it will turn out.

I'll wait awhile before trying it out--check some reviews, etc.

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X