Hearts of Iron 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts of Iron 3

I have Hearts of Iron and Hearts of Iron 2 and love them both.

Was thinking of getting Hearts of Iron 3 but wondering if its still worth $40 with all the expansions today. Is it much different than 2? Don't know if I want to spend that much for a rehash at the moment.

Good question. I have held off upgrading. Anyone have input?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I've been playing the series since it's inception; HoI, HoI2, AoD, DH, etc. I have HoI3 and a number of the add-ons and have tried playing it.

The bugs have finally been worked out (that was a major fiasco) but I find it takes too much time to play. I like micromanagement but HoI3 takes it to a new level.

As with with the previous iterations of the series, there are some great mods out there that are worth playing, but for myself, I'm sticking to AoD.

You might want to browse the HoI3 forum:
      http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arts-of-Iron-3
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Any thoughts on how to better my HOI 2 gameplay? I have vanillia version lol

Comment

It's worth it...I've had the stock game for a couple years now and just last night purchased all three expansion packs. I've spent the past couple hours or so researching and upgrading my units...can't wait to declare war and start conquering Europe (I'm playing as Germany )!
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

I just finished my first scenario, The Spanish Civil War, and quite enjoyed it. With more territories there are more strategic options.
            AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
            The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by LC34 View Post
              I have Hearts of Iron and Hearts of Iron 2 and love them both.

Was thinking of getting Hearts of Iron 3 but wondering if its still worth $40 with all the expansions today. Is it much different than 2? Don't know if I want to spend that much for a rehash at the moment.
              Is it worth $40? You can get it for a lot less than that. Right now Amazon.com is offering the Hearts of Iron III Collection for $29.99 and GamersGate has it priced at $19.95 U.S. But don't pay that much for it--wait until it goes on sale for 50-75% off. And yes! I'd say it's worth $10. Just be sure you have the base game and all its expansions because the expansions are a lot like big patches and you'll need them for Hearts of Iron III to be at its full playability.

Originally posted by LC34 View Post
              Any thoughts on how to better my HOI 2 gameplay? I have vanillia version lol
              A lot of good information about Hearts of Iron II can be found at the Paradox forums (be sure to adjust the Thread Display Options at the bottom of the page to "The Beginning" as that forum doesn't get much traffic these days).

The Hearts of Iron II Wiki: Nation Strategy Style contains many helpful tips.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words a video should be worth millions, so check out Hearts of Iron II videos like this one:

I hope that helps you out.
              "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X