Addicted to a Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfleader View Post
    Picked up Borderlands 2 with the DLC's over the holidays. Dear lord that game is addicting as hell. I do love the fact that its has a much more lighter tone than the Fallout series.

Just cleared that game a couple of times with the Commando, will do another playthrough once I have time again with the Mechromancer. Haven't yet tried doing a playthrough on True Vault Hunter mode yet though.
    I'm stuck at the Gelatinous Thresher part.

I'm a level 19 Commando and can't kill the thing no matter what I try.

Gave up after about 20 revivals.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Still like to try to build small empires with the MEDIEVAL 2 games. Try expanding Spain over the Moors, then casting eyes on Portugal, and considering out maneuvering France... Or having and winning a Crusade!
      Vikings over all Northern Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
        I'm stuck at the Gelatinous Thresher part.

I'm a level 19 Commando and can't kill the thing no matter what I try.

Gave up after about 20 revivals.
        I usually just run out to the gate you came in from and try shooting at it from long range where it's easier to dodge its projectile attacks. If it manages to follow you outside (it sometimes does), run across the bridge and fight it from there. It won't be able to cross the bridge to get close to you and use the crates for cover against its range attacks.

Just be sure to have a shock elemental weapon to quickly wear its shields down or you'll wind up burning through your entire stock of ammo.
        -----------------------------------
        Sings we a song of wolves.
        Who smells fear and slays the coward.
        Sings we a song of man.
        Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfleader View Post
          I usually just run out to the gate you came in from and try shooting at it from long range where it's easier to dodge its projectile attacks. If it manages to follow you outside (it sometimes does), run across the bridge and fight it from there. It won't be able to cross the bridge to get close to you and use the crates for cover against its range attacks.

Just be sure to have a shock elemental weapon to quickly wear its shields down or you'll wind up burning through your entire stock of ammo.
          Yeah I've tried that.

Not working for me. Even with an anti shield type weapon I cant seem to wear them down fast enough. When I do get them down they come back in about 30 seconds.

So the whole process starts all over again.

Eventually I get worn down and either run out of ammo or get killed by attrition.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

You can also use your turret as bait for it to attack if you toss it close enough to it. I find the AI will usually attack the enemy closest to it. You can toss it so that it focuses on it. Once it does then just blast away at it.

What weapons are you using to fight it?
            -----------------------------------
            Sings we a song of wolves.
            Who smells fear and slays the coward.
            Sings we a song of man.
            Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Star Wars: X-wing cost me a potential marriage to a good woman.

Everquest was my first exposure to true addiction though. Over 100 days played over 4 years. It almost cost me my marriage.

EVE sucked me back in to gaming a few years later. I stopped playing it when I deployed and didn't get back in to it.

Oblivion/Skyrim have had me staying up all night long. Just last night I thought I had only played for an hour and it was actually 4 hours.

Comment

I remember when I started my first Skyrim campaign I played for a solid 12-14 hours straight.
                "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

When I first got Forge of Freedom (Civil War game), I played that every night for a good month plus. I wouldn't mind doing that again one day.
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Civilization = digital crack.

I didn't have a PC when it first came out so I played on a friends computer. He lived in the barracks and when he had gone home on leave, he lent me his keys. I got up once in the middle of the night and drove to his room so I could play.
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                      Yep.

Add Dragon Age: Origins, the Mass Effect Trilogy, Baldurs Gate I and II, Icewind Dale I and II, and Civ to the list.

All great games.
                      Never got into Civ (never played it).

The rest are at the top of my list. Especially the Mass Effect series.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

my time killers

* Pirates on C64 / Atari
                        * PTO on Super Nintendo
                        * Strategic Command 1/2/WAW/GC/Gold on PC
                        * Empire Total War on PC
                        * Skyrim on PC
                        One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

The only time I can think of being addicted to a video game was Tecmo Bowl and Baseball Stars on the old Nintendo game system.
                          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I remember an all night session playing Half-life 2 years back. On my way to school the next day I remember thinking to myself that a river looked very realistic.

It took me a few seconds to realise.

Comment

I have been addicted to so many games, but it's the long strategic ones that manage to suck me in most: Civilization, Crusader Kings, and XCOM being two that stick to mind most of all.

That said, my most recent experience was Rimworld - which is currently in Alpha and just come out of Kickstarter. You have to build a colony on a planet and deal with constant raids. I just got so sucked into it that what felt like moments after checking the clock at 20:00 turned out to be hours -- it was already 01:00.

While I don't recommend cutting back, I do recommend being aware of your weakness to the games and choosing when you play them carefully.

Comment

Current addiction Kerbal Space Program. (Impossible one part only allowed rocket with as many parts as possible.)

Also, Space Engine. Exploring the unknown universe;
                                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X