No announcement yet.

Addicted to a Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the house I used to live in had gaps in the floor boards which was a real problem when it was cold, one time i got up an couldn't walk because my feet were frozen numb

definitely a game to leave alone
    You better drop your flag an withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Been there, done that, will do it again. Plus the Borderlands series.
      I have heard quite a bit about the Borderlands series but never tried any of them myself. Saw a copy of the first Borderlands for around $9 at a retail place here a few months ago, might check it out.
      -----------------------------------
      Sings we a song of wolves.
      Who smells fear and slays the coward.
      Sings we a song of man.
      Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Originally posted by Blakdust View Post
        the house I used to live in had gaps in the floor boards which was a real problem when it was cold, one time i got up an couldn't walk because my feet were frozen numb

definitely a game to leave alone
        My desktop is downstairs in a drafty basement which gets insanely cold in the winter so I feel your pain. I usually remedy the situation by wearing an old pair of cold weather 'bunny' boots with wool socks and a felt portyanki.
        Sings we a song of man.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
          Yep.

Add Dragon Age: Origins, the Mass Effect Trilogy, Baldurs Gate I and II, Icewind Dale I and II, and Civ to the list.

All great games.
          Dear lord Mass Effect. I've lost track of the number of times I've played and cleared ME2 and ME3 with the countless different characters I've created for that game.
          Sings we a song of man.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfleader View Post
            I have heard quite a bit about the Borderlands series but never tried any of them myself. Saw a copy of the first Borderlands for around $9 at a retail place here a few months ago, might check it out.
            If you like Fallout, you'll like Borderlands. Its less 'grim' in tone, and not quite as pretty, but the feel is similar. Its slightly more combat, less collecting junk and RPG. The expansions for BL, and BL 2 move it more towards Fallout.

Its the same 'sandbox', go where you will style of game.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
              The other night I stayed until 3 AM playing a game to relax and instead lost sleeping time. I responded by deleting the game. I lost track of time.

Now that many online games are accessed to steam, you can search the SN's of other players to see how many hours they played a game.

Some people are definitely addicted, and play too much. There are many people who have logged 2,000+ hours of game playing time. Or thousands, which is frankly kind of scary.

It is not atypical to see someone with 300 to 1,000 hours accumulated on each game they like.
              I'm one of those with HL2DM, but then again, I've accumulated that over years and years. One must be careful in looking at the "hours played" stats as I've found that many people will logon to the game automatically and then never do anything. Many are admins who use the logon and play function to monitor what is going on inside the game server itself so they literally can be on 24/7!
              Personally, nowadays, I'm lucky to get on a couple hours a week.

Comment

In addition to the obvious "you've been playing so long the sun is coming up", another sign I'm addicted to a game is if I start dreaming about it. (Sad to say, that's happened to me a lot!)
                "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Kahless View Post
                  In addition to the obvious "you've been playing so long the sun is coming up", another sign I'm addicted to a game is if I start dreaming about it. (Sad to say, that's happened to me a lot!)

Me, too.

I've taken vacation to really pound on a new game.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    If you like Fallout, you'll like Borderlands. Its less 'grim' in tone, and not quite as pretty, but the feel is similar. Its slightly more combat, less collecting junk and RPG. The expansions for BL, and BL 2 move it more towards Fallout.

Its the same 'sandbox', go where you will style of game.
                    I'm liking the sound of it more and more. As much as I like F3 and FNV there really was a point where I just grew sick and tired of sifting through crates of junk after every battle.
                    Sings we a song of man.

Comment

For me it's either Silent Hunter III, Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific (with U-boat add-on pack), or Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour. I definitely lose track of time playing the last one.
                      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Dear lord Mass Effect. I've lost track of the number of times I've played and cleared ME2 and ME3 with the countless different characters I've created for that game.
                        Played through all 3 games 3 times, just can't get enough...

Comment

Me, I'm stuck on AoE. I got it some what under control that I can save until the morning or try the same set up one more time with other tacit. Still a big fan of Sudden Strike but doesn't run well on my newest machine.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Picked up Borderlands 2 with the DLC's over the holidays. Dear lord that game is addicting as hell. I do love the fact that its has a much more lighter tone than the Fallout series.

Just cleared that game a couple of times with the Commando, will do another playthrough once I have time again with the Mechromancer. Haven't yet tried doing a playthrough on True Vault Hunter mode yet though.
                            Sings we a song of man.

Comment

Picked up Borderlands 2 with the DLC's over the holidays. Dear lord that game is addicting as hell. I do love the fact that its has a much more lighter tone than the Fallout series.

Just cleared that game a couple of times with the Commando, will do another playthrough once I have time again with the Mechromancer. Haven't yet tried doing a playthrough on True Vault Hunter mode yet though.
                              Yeah, its great. True Vault Hunter is the same again, but tooled up so you can keep improving your level.

Keep an eye on your accomplishments, especially when you go into a new area. It can add an interesting twist to the game.

Commando and Mechromancer are my favorites. I've tried the others, but they don't go well with my playing style.

Comment

Tried my hands at playing the assassin since I like sniping but recovering HP after you've taken a beating is a pain.

I do wish the game lets you save your progress conventionally with individual save files though. There are a bunch of boss fights I wouldn't mind doing again, especially the ones at the Badass Crater of Baddassitude campaign.
                                Sings we a song of man.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X