Assassin's Creed III on PS 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed III on PS 3

Now most who know me know I am not a gamer. But I saw Assassin's Creed III on a commercial on Adult Swim the other night. We don't even on a PS, but this game sounds interesting. Any thoughts? Do I need experience to play it, etc?
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first thought when I saw this thread "Oh cool an Assassin's Creed 3-REBPREACHER POSTED THE THREAD?!"

If you're interested in it, then I would recommend it. It's a very nice series. I've played all of the previous ones except AC Revelations. Haven't played AC III yet (which is actually the 5th game, because it goes AC I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC III) and I can tell you that typically, each one's gotten better than the previous one-so you'll be getting a great product.

Here's a bit about some of the game's/series' notable things:

--3rd person gameplay (perspective is from just behind and above your character)

--Fluid sword fighting: you can counter an attacker's swing and kill them, then kill his squad mates with chained kills (Brotherhood through AC III, although all offer the ability to counter)

--Some stealth elements to the game(s)

--Memorable-and generally brutal-kills, executions, and counters

--Open world: Depending on the game, you can go between multiple cities, and go all over those cities

--Mind blowing storylines: No spoilers from me, but I'd highly suggest playing the previous games first, or just reading up on the whole series' storyline.

--Stress relief: If you're angry or stressed, stabbing a guard through the back with a sword, or beating him unconscious could do the trick.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Pick up Assassins Creed Brotherhood (much cheaper right now, and you can probably get it second hand too) and see if you like the game mechanics/the style of the game. That one is set in Renaissance Rome, but of the ones I have played, it was my favourite for things to do. If you like it, you might want to invest in ACIII.

If in doubt, ask Yahtzee;

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...assins-Creed-3
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 right now.

If you're going to buy one of the series start with this one.

Brotherhood and Revelations are continuations of the story line and characters introduced in Assassins Creed 2.

Its a very good game.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
          I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 right now.

If you're going to buy one of the series start with this one.

Brotherhood and Revelations are continuations of the story line and characters introduced in Assassins Creed 2.

Its a very good game.
          To get the FULL story, I'd say starting with Assassin's Creed 1 would be best-it's probably the simplest of them all too, and cheapest.

But If the whole story doesn't matter, I suppose bumping up to AC 2 and then Brotherhood wouldn't be much of a problem.
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
            To get the FULL story, I'd say starting with Assassin's Creed 1 would be best-it's probably the simplest of them all too, and cheapest.

But If the whole story doesn't matter, I suppose bumping up to AC 2 and then Brotherhood wouldn't be much of a problem.
            I really like the Rennaisance setting in number 2. Thats the main reason I jumped in with that one.

I haven't had much difficulty in picking up the story where the first one left off.
            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
              I really like the Rennaisance setting in number 2. Thats the main reason I jumped in with that one.

I haven't had much difficulty in picking up the story where the first one left off.
              Ah ok. True, though-AC2 and Brotherhood hold way more of the story than AC1. But AC1 is a nice intro, nonetheless.

Then, reb, I suppose you'd be fine starting with AC2, if you intend to play the previous games.

--Hávamál

Comment

Might be better to begin at the beginning, then I know what the hell I am doing. Thanks ya'all.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                  Might be better to begin at the beginning, then I know what the hell I am doing. Thanks ya'all.
                  Can't argue there. I usually like to stay chronological with games, movies, tv shows, and such. And no problem.

On your question about playing them on the PS 2: I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to play PS 3 games on the PS 2. You can do it vice versa, I believe. The PS 2 did have some classic/memorable/good games indeed-so if you had a Playstation 3, you would be able to play PS 2 games and PS 3 games alike (I own an Xbox, however, but I'm pretty sure the PS 3 can play PS 2 games).

--Hávamál

Comment

I could not get into the whole Desmond sci-fi parts of the AC games which is why I skipped out on 2 and recommended going straight for Brotherhood. I could quite happily forget it wasn't just a renaissance assassins game if it weren't for the occasional de-sync and cut-scenes with blah blah animus blah Juno, blah
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X