What is the best WW2 campaign game???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best WW2 campaign game???

What is the best WW2 campaign that covers (preferably the eastern front) with detail and at at least the division level. I would like a game detailing all factors, supply, replacement, weather etc.

I don't care if its a board game, pc or what. I just want a totally realist grand strategy game.

This is a good game. It has a ton of battles and even a campaign that allows you to carry over your units from battle to battle. All your criteria is considered in the game as well (supply, weather, replacements, etc.)

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/...ampaign.Series
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire66 View Post
      What is the best WW2 campaign that covers (preferably the eastern front) with detail and at at least the division level. I would like a game detailing all factors, supply, replacement, weather etc.

I don't care if its a board game, pc or what. I just want a totally realist grand strategy game.

TOAW would be worth a look.
      There are several scenarios encompassing the East Front, running from Corps level all the way down to Regimental level over the entire front or in sections of the front.(I'm thinking mainly Fire in the East)
      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Panzer Corps or Panzer General?

http://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm
        "Give me 100 000 croatian soldiers and I will conqure all world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Soldiers are coming and leaving while war will never end.

Comment

I haven't played much in the way of games as detailed as you are seeking for years, Legionnaire. But the names Norm Koger and Gary Grigsby were the first two that came to my mind when I read your post. So for a PC game I suggest getting something by one of them, possibly Gary Grigsby’s War in the East.

I hope this helps you out.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Thanks all of you, I will have to track down demos of all of these titles!

Comment

[QUOTE=Hansika;2372975]Panzer Corps or Panzer General?
              QUOTE]

not heard of these

Comment

[QUOTE=AcRoL;2376417]
                Originally posted by Hansika View Post
                Panzer Corps or Panzer General?
                QUOTE]

not heard of these
                Track them down. They are really good. Matrix Games sells Panzer Corps which is the big brother of Panzer General.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Panzer General was a really fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                    Panzer General was a really fun game.
                    I agree. And many people felt that Panzer General was the game that saved the genre.

Those who liked Panzer General should give Panzer Corps a try. If anyone is hesitant about shelling out any money for a game unfamiliar to them, they could check out PG Forever free of charge; the same man is responsible for both.

The only reason I did not mention those two games in this thread is that they are beer and pretzels games and I did not feel they were detailed enough to match what Legionnaire was looking for.
                    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Here is an example of an AAR (After Action Report) of the scenario Directive 21 from TOAW

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2345589

And another of Fire in the East from TOAW

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2604632

It might give you some idea of the detail to be found.
                      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Paradox' Hearts of Iron deserves a mention - some regard it as a glorified spreadsheet, others have taken it to the borderline of addiction -

You should at least check it out
                        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X