Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

It's a multiplayer expansion, including Vietnam maps, guns, vehicles, men...

From IGN:

"Certain changes to what fans expect from Bad Company 2 are apparent even before you spawn into one of the new maps. The most jarring change for non-recon players will be the absence of scopes for other classes. No more SMGs with ACOG scopes for engineers, no more assault rifles with sniper viewfinders, no more red dot sights for medics and their machine guns. In a way, this seems like it'll keep the playing field in BC2: Vietnam more level for a longer period, as new players won't be at such a mid-range disadvantage to veterans.

All of the class weapons are now era-appropriate, so you'll see M16s and AK-47s and the like. Meanwhile, you'll learn to fear a new enemy: the flamethrower. A new addition to the arsenal, the flamethrower is a great room-clearing weapon. It almost seems like a new class should have been created around the flamethrower. They are quickly established as an integral part of a well-rounded team, particularly with the new maps' emphasis on trenches and bottlenecks. And really, the flamethrower is responsible for some of the most iconic imagery of the Vietnam War. "

And then...

"Vehicles have changed to match the time period. Quad bikes were replaced by Sampans (the little single person three-wheeled cars), and the helicopters are always of the troop transport variety - there aren't really any hyper-offensive gunships to be found. There's a great sense of place, which is usually complimented by the omnipresent licensed tracks coming from loudspeakers or, say, the radio in a gunboat."

Seems pretty good to me. I kind of wish that Black Hawks weren't just in Rush in BC2-the gunships can get annoying sometimes, but it seems they've fixed that-they could have had Cobras in there like in Black Ops but I think it's good they didn't because otherwise its really one sided.

"A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

I can't wait for Vietnam!
    The original was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilpanzer View Post
      I can't wait for Vietnam!
      The original was really good.
      Never played the original but I bet it was good. BC2 Vietnam, like they said, is more meant to show the down to it grunt work, not "Black Operations" that are just fantasized and involve way too much shooting for black ops. The way I think it is in real life, Black Operations aren't meant to be shooting matches-sorry COD. Also, I'm kind of torn about the tiger stripe camo in BC2 Vietnam-it doesn't look like they have it, which it wasn't official issue in 'Nam, so it wouldn't be as popular, but it looks really cool! Still, I trust Dice to get things rather right.

Here's some gameplay, showing the BC2 roots, but the change to Vietnam weaponry, and well just everything time appropriate. Everything. It shows the Russian supplied/surplus weaponry that VC/NVA used such as Tokarev pistols, PPSH SMGs, AK47s, RPGs, stuff like that.

The 20 dislikes must be Neo VC.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
        Never played the original but I bet it was good. BC2 Vietnam, like they said, is more meant to show the down to it grunt work, not "Black Operations" that are just fantasized and involve way too much shooting for black ops. The way I think it is in real life, Black Operations aren't meant to be shooting matches-sorry COD. Also, I'm kind of torn about the tiger stripe camo in BC2 Vietnam-it doesn't look like they have it, which it wasn't official issue in 'Nam, so it wouldn't be as popular, but it looks really cool! Still, I trust Dice to get things rather right.

Here's some gameplay, showing the BC2 roots, but the change to Vietnam weaponry, and well just everything time appropriate. Everything. It shows the Russian supplied/surplus weaponry that VC/NVA used such as Tokarev pistols, PPSH SMGs, AK47s, RPGs, stuff like that.

The 20 dislikes must be Neo VC.
        I didn't like B OPS, it could have more worth as a book or movie, too much cut scenes, too little action, too fast, too linear. So that makes the state of the art graphics ect WORTHLESS.

Medal of Honor 2010 had the best campaign, very emotional. I really miss the classic Medal of Honor titles, all of them were epic.

Comment

I didn't like B OPS, it could have more worth as a book or movie, too much cut scenes, too little action, too fast, too linear. So that makes the state of the art graphics ect WORTHLESS.

Medal of Honor 2010 had the best campaign, very emotional. I really miss the classic Medal of Honor titles, all of them were epic.
          I haven't fully played Black Ops but I noticed in the rather short time I saw ( a couple levels) there wasn't a whole lot of freedom...someone should contact the makers of Black Ops and get them to approve of a book, and call it "Call of Duty: The Black Operations" or something like that...or just "Call of Duty: Black Ops" I mean Halo has it's own book series that's great from what I hear. I think they could make their own series-have one series about the WWII ones-they'd have to deviate from the game a little and go more in depth with the characters, etc. so as not to bore the readers, and then have another series starting with Black Ops, then MW1 and 2...possibly have peripheral books describing the actions of other units defending the US from Russia, etc.-they could very well make their own video game based Tom Clancy style books! I'd read them...as long as there was no 360 noscoping with Barrets...

--Hávamál

Comment

I haven't fully played Black Ops but I noticed in the rather short time I saw ( a couple levels) there wasn't a whole lot of freedom...someone should contact the makers of Black Ops and get them to approve of a book, and call it "Call of Duty: The Black Operations" or something like that...or just "Call of Duty: Black Ops" I mean Halo has it's own book series that's great from what I hear. I think they could make their own series-have one series about the WWII ones-they'd have to deviate from the game a little and go more in depth with the characters, etc. so as not to bore the readers, and then have another series starting with Black Ops, then MW1 and 2...possibly have peripheral books describing the actions of other units defending the US from Russia, etc.-they could very well make their own video game based Tom Clancy style books! I'd read them...as long as there was no 360 noscoping with Barrets...
            I agree, I think a miniseries could be long enough to create memorable moments. If they create something in the line of The Pacific or Band of Brothers, it would be great too.

Comment

I agree, I think a miniseries could be long enough to create memorable moments. If they create something in the line of The Pacific or Band of Brothers, it would be great too.
              Yeah...well you know how the Halo books have like 3 that are the "same" as the video games (at least in title) but then like 4 about other planets and stuff? They could do something similar with COD books-I mean, like with a World At War book, they could describe other landings done by Miller's unit but that aren't mentioned in the game in one book, and maybe stuff with your unit when you're the Russian, like following the actions of the 3rd Shock Army, etc.

Don't know about you but are you confused if Buffalo Springfield of Jefferson Airplane did "Stop Children What's That Sound"?

--Hávamál

Comment

Yeah...well you know how the Halo books have like 3 that are the "same" as the video games (at least in title) but then like 4 about other planets and stuff? They could do something similar with COD books-I mean, like with a World At War book, they could describe other landings done by Miller's unit but that aren't mentioned in the game in one book, and maybe stuff with your unit when you're the Russian, like following the actions of the 3rd Shock Army, etc.

Don't know about you but are you confused if Buffalo Springfield of Jefferson Airplane did "Stop Children What's That Sound"?
                Yeah hehehe...
                It's one of my favorite songs though. I also like Creedence Clearwater Revival.
                Any game is funner with that classic rock.

Comment

Yeah hehehe...
                  It's one of my favorite songs though. I also like Creedence Clearwater Revival.
                  Any game is funner with that classic rock.
                  Yeah...it's hard to describe why I like that song...it's kind of like "Long As I Can See The Light", with a Buffalo Springfield/Jefferson Airplane singer...

Agreeable again-CCR is great! I made a "'Nam" playlist on my ipod with "Fortunate Son", "Green River", "Stop Children What's That Sound", "Run Through The Jungle", and finally "Ball of Confusion".

--Hávamál

Comment

Yeah...it's hard to describe why I like that song...it's kind of like "Long As I Can See The Light", with a Buffalo Springfield/Jefferson Airplane singer...

Agreeable again-CCR is great! I made a "'Nam" playlist on my ipod with "Fortunate Son", "Green River", "Stop Children What's That Sound", "Run Through The Jungle", and finally "Ball of Confusion".
                    Awesome, I can remember playing Battlefield Vietnam with "Fortunate Son" as theme, it really made the game enjoyable.

Comment

I kind of wish that in BC2 and BC2 Vietnam they made it like BF1942 where if you're German-you have German guns, British=British guns...because so many times in BC2 there'll be one Russian with an M16A2, another with an M24, another with an AK74...or an American with an SV98, another with a PKM...

--Hávamál

Comment

I kind of wish that in BC2 and BC2 Vietnam they made it like BF1942 where if you're German-you have German guns, British=British guns...because so many times in BC2 there'll be one Russian with an M16A2, another with an M24, another with an AK74...or an American with an SV98, another with a PKM...
                        I don't really mind, if playing a Russian I'd rather have a M16A2 than an inaccurate Kalashnikov, though in WW2 games, all the factions have proper weapons which balances the game.

Comment

I don't really mind, if playing a Russian I'd rather have a M16A2 than an inaccurate Kalashnikov, though in WW2 games, all the factions have proper weapons which balances the game.
                          Eh...yeah, I guess if you look at COD 5 its pretty much the same way...however if you could only use weapons from your side/allies or axis depending on what side you're on, it could be mismatched in an occasion or two, like the Americans having the mighty BAR, although Japs have the high ROF but kinda inaccurate Type 99...The Thompson and MP40 have some advantages and disadvantages over each other...

You're right that having an M16...A1 I guess, for Vietnam would be more accurate than an AK47 although I guess if you play right you could triumph with an AK, since if it's more like real life, a lot of stuff didn't happen at ranges where the M16 would have a distinct range advantage.

--Hávamál

Comment

Eh...yeah, I guess if you look at COD 5 its pretty much the same way...however if you could only use weapons from your side/allies or axis depending on what side you're on, it could be mismatched in an occasion or two, like the Americans having the mighty BAR, although Japs have the high ROF but kinda inaccurate Type 99...The Thompson and MP40 have some advantages and disadvantages over each other...

You're right that having an M16...A1 I guess, for Vietnam would be more accurate than an AK47 although I guess if you play right you could triumph with an AK, since if it's more like real life, a lot of stuff didn't happen at ranges where the M16 would have a distinct range advantage.
                            I agree. In COD MW2 I scored more kills with a machine pistol and knife than a rifle, The mutiplayer is ridiculous, a lot of weapons are too accurate...and reliable
                            Last edited by Wilpanzer; 14 Dec 10, 12:08.

Comment

I found this DLC to be well worth the money.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X