Medal of honor(2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of honor(2010)

I got the latest medal of honor today, very fun, gory and unpredictable.
    It feels kinda like Battlefield Bad Company 2 mixed with Call of Duty.
    I completed the game on easy within a few hours and I'm now gonna try it on hard because I expected a longer campaign.

Overall moh is a great game immersed in combat, I never encountered a dull moment.

I completed in a few hours too. Didn't take that much longer on the harder settings. The only places where things got difficult were at the 'Taliban human wave assault' parts of the game.

Overall, it's enjoyable the first time, but not too re-playable. The gameplay is fairly linear. The terrain is structured such that there's really only one way of doing things. The only variations are to either flank right or flank left, if even that.

And it kinds of sucks that there's really nothing you can do to change the outcome of the game. Sorry, won't spoil your fun by explaining further. I wish the game's like some of the others where how you play the game will affect the outcome.

Finally, after the first couple of campaigns, the game begins to feel a bit like an arcade game. Basically, you're just shooting stuff. There's not much tactic involved.

Overall, a good game to buy, but not really a 'must have' game.

Comment

As someone with two deployments to Afghanistan, I found the entire SP campaign well made and fairly accurate terrain wise, at least to an extent. The ending though, that really hit home for me. It was somber, quiet, and damned well put together. There seems to be this misnomer amongst the CoD crowd that a ending requires some sort of grandiose conspiracy. Regards of the issues plaguing the game at the moment, specifically the MP portions, I gotta give a hats off to the devs for tackling a touchy subject, and doing it with a great deal of respect toward the fallen, regardless of their nationality and setting within ISAF.

PC short I made. Certainly nothing special.

If you hear stuff blowing up around you, it's just us - Combat Engineers

Kiwi by birth. American by choice. Soldier by the grace of God.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good though SP and MP feel totally different. The are some features in SP which would have been wonderful, like let's say different firing modes besides fully automatic or that whole slide to cover thing. I liked the ending of the campaign though, I will admit it actually brought me close to tears.

Overall I'll give it a 4 or 3.5 out of 5. SP and MP gameplay needed to be more closely connected but the Campaign was very good if not very replayable.
        2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

Detcord, how to you find the details of the weapons, equipment and uniform? Are they authentic?

Gidia, you're right man. This game really hits home in terms of the cost of war, but done in a respectful way. That is well done.

Comment

How is the MP experience overall? I was looking forward to this game until they stated that destructible terrain and the like would be out as far as MP was concerned. As that element was one of the few good parts about BBC2, I lost some measure of interest. Anything revolutionary, or largely the same shooter experience as elsewhere?

Comment

Well desturtible would be a moot point if they put it in the game, it takes place in mountainous terrain and there aren't too many building to blow up. There are several maps that I wish I could do that on but it's not any sort of hinderence. Online gameplay is roughly a mix of MW2 and BC2 like the weapons seem more MWish but the core gameplay leans more towards BC2. There are several different game modes but the best in my opinion is Combat Mission. It's basicly objective capturing and moving across the map but my only problem with it is that there aren't enough maps but EA will release more eventually. At least I hope they do, like they did for BC2.
              2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

I've heard that it's pretty good...I liked BC2, and have played COD games online, so combined-it sounds good. Speaking of BC2...It won't let me play online anymore...I got to lvl 13 or so and was getting good...oh well. I started Halo Reach and COD5 online.

But as far as things like destructible environment-even BC2's environment isn't terribly destructible-I mean, you can demolish a building but you can't destroy the rubble? (Not too helpful to do that but still-as far as destructibility...) Also, if they made a BC3, that'd be nice if you could actually pierce armor i.e. on BC2 the desert map with the ship in the middle-it'd be realistic if you could pierce it with tank shells, etc.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by DetCord View Post
                  As someone with two deployments to Afghanistan, I found the entire SP campaign well made and fairly accurate terrain wise, at least to an extent. The ending though, that really hit home for me. It was somber, quiet, and damned well put together. There seems to be this misnomer amongst the CoD crowd that a ending requires some sort of grandiose conspiracy. Regards of the issues plaguing the game at the moment, specifically the MP portions, I gotta give a hats off to the devs for tackling a touchy subject, and doing it with a great deal of respect toward the fallen, regardless of their nationality and setting within ISAF.

PC short I made. Certainly nothing special.
                  I watched all the cutscenes and dialog (fast forwarded through the gameplay). It was an interesting experience. The consultants for this game were combat veterans and Tier 1 soldiers.
                  Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                  Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                  Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                  Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Wow I watched the video-unique trailer! I was going to say "why is the Ranger saying anything about where he is "All the fighting's up north-hundred miles away" but then you see them jump and go into battle and it's like..."Oh..."

The song in the end already sounds like it'll be good-MOH music is always nice-the MOH European Assault theme song almost made me cry the first time or so-no joke!
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                      I've heard that it's pretty good...I liked BC2, and have played COD games online, so combined-it sounds good. Speaking of BC2...It won't let me play online anymore...I got to lvl 13 or so and was getting good...oh well. I started Halo Reach and COD5 online.

But as far as things like destructible environment-even BC2's environment isn't terribly destructible-I mean, you can demolish a building but you can't destroy the rubble? (Not too helpful to do that but still-as far as destructibility...) Also, if they made a BC3, that'd be nice if you could actually pierce armor i.e. on BC2 the desert map with the ship in the middle-it'd be realistic if you could pierce it with tank shells, etc.
                      Admittedly, the destructible terrain was rather poorly implemented. However, I'm mostly a PC gamer, and that small addition to BC2 was one of the few things XBox games have done to help me tolerate a dumbed down version of the original PC Battlefield games.

Oh, and I had a similar problem to what you are running into with getting online on BC2. If you're still interested in the game, try setting the clock on your XBox back to March 1st, 2010, clear your system cache, and then start the game back up. There was a patch then that has to be reloaded a lot of times, and this usually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobos View Post
                        Admittedly, the destructible terrain was rather poorly implemented. However, I'm mostly a PC gamer, and that small addition to BC2 was one of the few things XBox games have done to help me tolerate a dumbed down version of the original PC Battlefield games.

Oh, and I had a similar problem to what you are running into with getting online on BC2. If you're still interested in the game, try setting the clock on your XBox back to March 1st, 2010, clear your system cache, and then start the game back up. There was a patch then that has to be reloaded a lot of times, and this usually works.
                        Ok thanks I'll try this...is it just date, or time too?

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                          Ok thanks I'll try this...is it just date, or time too?
                          I just used the date, though you could place the time at 1200 A.M. to be certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobos View Post
                            I just used the date, though you could place the time at 1200 A.M. to be certain.
                            Ok, I'll try it maybe this weekend if I have time.

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                              Detcord, how to you find the details of the weapons, equipment and uniform? Are they authentic?

Gidia, you're right man. This game really hits home in terms of the cost of war, but done in a respectful way. That is well done.

Sorry for the latency, matey. My Platoon Sergeant duties are sucking up all my time as of late.

I found the uniforms for the time-period in OEF to be pretty much spot on (2002-2003). The weapons are realistic, at least in a render sense, and the locales in the Shah-i-Kot Valley are pretty much the way it is, though some exceptions for game-play purposes have obviously been made.

As for the MP, well I love it. It's fast, frantic, and requires lots of teamwork... and I love ArmA.
                              If you hear stuff blowing up around you, it's just us - Combat Engineers

Kiwi by birth. American by choice. Soldier by the grace of God.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X