Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

I was never a fan of CoD: MW (the multiplayer, that is - the SP was great), and I never tried MW2, but CoD: Black Ops looks like it has some interesting MP ideas:

I might have to give it a try. It could make for a much needed break from Bad Company 2.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Yeah, I would play black ops sp, but first I must see the video review and read the written review, then I'll look at my budget or look at friends who already owns the game.

Comment

I cancelled my preorder and put it towards Medal of Honor. COD is the last on my list
      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
        I cancelled my preorder and put it towards Medal of Honor. COD is the last on my list
        What is in between if I may ask?

Comment

I was looking forward to Medal of Honor (and I'm gonna join the open beta Monday) but the previews I've seen seem to indicate that it is a simplified Bad Company 2 (smaller maps, only 24 players per game, more lethal weaponry). If that is how it turns out, I don't see the point of paying full price for a stripped down version of a game I already own.
          Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

Well the online bit of Medal of Honor is made by the makers of BFBC2 so that is to be expected. If you guys are interested in MW2 or Black ops I will have gameplay and commentaries up soon! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrST3A1H?feature=mhum

P.S this is not spam im a legit forum member!
            “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wargamer Scott View Post
              I was never a fan of CoD: MW (the multiplayer, that is - the SP was great), and I never tried MW2, but CoD: Black Ops looks like it has some interesting MP ideas:

I might have to give it a try. It could make for a much needed break from Bad Company 2.
              mm got half way the this movie and I gotta say there is nothing new really Currency system I have seem something similar in other games Gun Game massive rip off of CSS this guys need to come up with there own bloody game ideas not stealing them Only thing I have liked about cod so far is there single player accept for one acception Modern Warefare and the zombie mod of Cod 5 rest was basicaly single player was enjoyable so fumbs down here
              http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Uh...what you're saying is that Nazi Zombies was bad? I don't think so...or do you mean the mods-because you're saying "the Zombie mod" but Nazi Zombies is not a mod itself. Sorry for the pickiness mate.

Anyways, I heard that kills obtained with a killstreak help your score but don't go towards the next killstreak, or is that false? Also...I heard the menu is the electric chair

Looked at the weapons set and trailers-WTF?! The trailers look like Cold War/vietnam but the weapons are mixed-there's the M14 which seems to be more of a rifle than a sniper, and the RPK, AK74U, but then the G11, AUG, and some others that it's like "Huh?!"
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

The game is set in Cold War era, hence the weapons from this era. True the killstreaks kills go toward your kills but not toward the next killstreak.

Little secret, at the main menu in the electric chain hit both analog sticks down and you break out of the chair and can walk around the room. Find the computer behind you and play the arcade game on the machine.

Credit goes to Woody!

“Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                    The game is set in Cold War era, hence the weapons from this era.
                    Yeah some of them are from that era...
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Wargamer Scott View Post
                      I was never a fan of CoD: MW (the multiplayer, that is - the SP was great)
                      I agree completely, I was never really excited about COD in any of its forms, and I've played them all. They've always done a good job with campaign, it's just that the multilayer seems far too limiting to me now, compared to other games with a far more open, and vehicle friendly style of gameplay. I think that the Battlefield series is primarily to blame in this matter, along with Brothers in Arms.

I just expect so much more out of a FPS now that I've played these. I am used to a fairly large, open map, without bottlenecks that become known to and used by most players in a short amount of time, and of course vehicles. Due to these factors, the COD series has just become too narrow in scope to me, and I am much more selective in deciding which FPS I buy.
                      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                        Uh...what you're saying is that Nazi Zombies was bad? I don't think so...or do you mean the mods-because you're saying "the Zombie mod" but Nazi Zombies is not a mod itself. Sorry for the pickiness mate.

Anyways, I heard that kills obtained with a killstreak help your score but don't go towards the next killstreak, or is that false? Also...I heard the menu is the electric chair

Looked at the weapons set and trailers-WTF?! The trailers look like Cold War/vietnam but the weapons are mixed-there's the M14 which seems to be more of a rifle than a sniper, and the RPK, AK74U, but then the G11, AUG, and some others that it's like "Huh?!"
                        No I am not saying nazi zombies was bad I actually prefered the multi player of cod 5 over MOW2 yes I did mean nazi zombies an I was under teh beliefe it was a mod for co op which I really enjoyed the norm co op before nazi zombies i should add
                        http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                          No I am not saying nazi zombies was bad I actually prefered the multi player of cod 5 over MOW2 yes I did mean nazi zombies an I was under teh beliefe it was a mod for co op which I really enjoyed the norm co op before nazi zombies i should add
                          So you thought Nazi Zombies was a co-op mod? I don't think so...aren't mods something that the player puts on after they get a game?

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                            So you thought Nazi Zombies was a co-op mod? I don't think so...aren't mods something that the player puts on after they get a game?
                            I guess he meant mode...

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                              I guess he meant mode...
                              Yeah...time to move on.

Can't you get a happy face as your red dot in Black Ops?

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X