X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post

"How many games are out there where you could play as a member of some group that has done questionable things?"

Since every side in the Second World War did "questionable things", that's why I said all Second World War games; even ones where you solely play the British or Americans.
    Yeah. Rockstar Games must release another GTA sequel in a hurry so the video game critics will something else to attack...

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post

Or did you mean to post that all WWII games allow you to play the enemy?
    "How many games are out there where you could play as a member of some group that has done questionable things?"

Since every side in the Second World War did "questionable things", that's why I said all Second World War games; even ones where you solely play the British or Americans.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    One-sentence posts can be hard to understand...

All Second World War games too.
    If you read the post I think you'll disagree with yourself. I don't think BF: Vietnam or Modern Warfare 2 are set in WWII.

Or did you mean to post that all WWII games allow you to play the enemy?

Brothers in Arms, of course, has Second World War soldiers contributing to a video game.
    Medal of Honor also has had veterans contribute in the past, as well as Captain Dale Dye as an advisor.

Of course, Brothers in Arms has a former ACG editor for an advisor...
    Last edited by Paul Mann III; 26 Aug 10, 12:55.

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    The man is a %[email protected]$# retard.

Oh, like if I play Germany in a WW2 game, does that mean I am a %[email protected] Nazi and would have no problem liquidating millions of Jews?

Sometimes it is sooooo clear the elected officials around us haven't got more than money gaining them their position, because it certainly wasn't having a damn brain.

Ya the Taliban are $#@[email protected] scum and it wouldn't be so bad if every last one vapour locked right now. But they ain't ancient history ... yet. They are merely the people we would like to see dead, as dead as the Nazis.

And in a game, they are just the other side.

Leave a comment:

• Scout32
    replied
    He's ridiculous.I've been wargaming since 1972 and have played as the Germans against the Allies,Soviet Unoin vs NATO,NVA against the US.They're just games.

Leave a comment:

• Draco Borealis
    replied
    Another bored Euro buorocrat with too many time in his hands; Doesn't he has an Army, Air Force and Navy to supervise not to mention "small war" in Afganistan? Computer games shud be last thing for him to worry abbout.
    Besides MI5 can trace any Ahmed and Tariq playing as Talibans in London or Shefield. This will cut the costs of survilance.

Leave a comment:

• skiplc
    replied
    Command and Conquer Generals lets you play as US, China, or Terrorist in single player.

Like CupASoup said, "It's a video game".

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    I didn't like the EA spokesman at first. But his argument was interesting, saying this was analogous to WWII soldiers coming home and writing or accounting their war experience over the radio but just updated to a new media form.
    Brothers in Arms, of course, has Second World War soldiers contributing to a video game.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by CupASoup View Post
    How stupid. How many games are out there where you could play as a member of some group that has done questionable things? Modern Warfare 2, you could play as a terrorist, killing americans in multiplayer. Bad company 2, you can play as a russian killing americans. BF: Vietnam you could play as VC. The list goes on and on. It's a video game.
    All Second World War games too.

Leave a comment:

• Gorque
    replied
    I myself was fond of Redneck Rampage.

Leave a comment:

• CupASoup
    replied
    How stupid. How many games are out there where you could play as a member of some group that has done questionable things? Modern Warfare 2, you could play as a terrorist, killing americans in multiplayer. Bad company 2, you can play as a russian killing americans. BF: Vietnam you could play as VC. The list goes on and on. It's a video game.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    It's quite a silly argument, actually. The single player game doesn't allow you to play as the Taliban. it's only in the multi-player game. And it's kinda hard to have a multi-player game without including an oppositon force.

Vietcong 2 has a segment in the single player game where you play as the VC.

Leave a comment:

• Fodder76
    replied
    What are the odds on user LiamFoXxX being the top Taliban fighter in the multiplayer.

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    I didn't like the EA spokesman at first. But his argument was interesting, saying this was analogous to WWII soldiers coming home and writing or accounting their war experience over the radio but just updated to a new media form.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    I'm sure the game will be snapped up by our loyal Anglo-Islamic population, who will enjoy the fantasy of shooting up all those nasty Taliban fighters, and Mr Fox will not have to be so concerned.

Paul

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X