American Civil War Call of Duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Civil War Call of Duty?

Would this ever come out or even be thought about? I personally always enjoyed researching and learning more about the American Civil War and this time period does not seem to have many first person shooters made. I was researching the topic of this game and there were people that were saying that the main reason that they would not want to purchase the game is because the idea of the reload time is too long at one minute and the weaponry is horrible. With the reloading time, the average soldier could fire three rounds per one minute.

What are your opinions of this? Should there be a Civil War Call of Duty that allows you to start a campaign as a soldier as a private and earn promotions through out to see what rank you would be able to reach before the war ends?
    Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field. - Winfield Scott Hancock

Originally posted by Civilwar803 View Post
    Would this ever come out or even be thought about? I personally always enjoyed researching and learning more about the American Civil War and this time period does not seem to have many first person shooters made. I was researching the topic of this game and there were people that were saying that the main reason that they would not want to purchase the game is because the idea of the reload time is too long at one minute and the weaponry is horrible. With the reloading time, the average soldier could fire three rounds per one minute.

What are your opinions of this? Should there be a Civil War Call of Duty that allows you to start a campaign as a soldier as a private and earn promotions through out to see what rank you would be able to reach before the war ends?

All I know is, I would so play the game if it comes to fruition!!
    De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

Originally posted by HistoryGirl View Post
      All I know is, I would so play the game if it comes to fruition!!
      I wouldn't because their probably wouldn't be any muskets and every third soldier would have a Gatling Gun! Repeating rifles and revolvers would be around every corner, and 'TNT' barrels would be constantly exploding. They would ruin the historical accuracy of the era like every other FPS of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by 45Colt View Post
        They would ruin the historical accuracy of the era like every other FPS of the war.
        Obviously you misunderstand the point of an action FPS game.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Have seen a lot of war games based on the theme. But thats a good idea, although who would the main character be?

Comment

Originally posted by 45Colt View Post
            I wouldn't because their probably wouldn't be any muskets and every third soldier would have a Gatling Gun! Repeating rifles and revolvers would be around every corner, and 'TNT' barrels would be constantly exploding. They would ruin the historical accuracy of the era like every other FPS of the war.
            Not necessarily needed. FPS senarios would be more individual missions based rather then major battle campaigns better suited for strategic games. Weapons such as Gatling guns and gunpowder barrels are fixed positions only suitable for certain situations.

Example of a mission could be sneaking aboard a ironclad to disable it or blow it up. You would have to rely on stealth and hand to hand combat skills since going in with pistols blazing would result in soon being overwhelmed by a superior force. Other missions might involve sneaking into a fort to gather intelligence, sabotage guns, or free prisoners. Still another would be to steal an enemy supply train and bring it back to your side. Even others could be scouting for enemy forces where you may need to take out some sentry patrolling near their camps.

Battle campaigns might involve attacking a fort or a town where you would fight your way in and use enemy stationary weapons against them. Stealth and combat skills would be more suited rather then a Serious Sam type action of killing hordes of enemies with the latest heavy firepower. Such campaigns would be more suited to multi player.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Civilwar803 View Post

You may like probably Call of Juarez. There are some motives from Civil war at least in the early missions.

Comment

If they do they will need to take into effect the reload times of the weapons and possibly include horses and swords.
                Freedom is not Free it has cost millions of lives to obtain it and to hold on to it will cost even more lives of the willing and the brave!!

Comment

as interesting as this idea sounds it wont come to pass
                  activision already confirmed this

Comment

There is an "CW-Era" Call of Duty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_His...Nation_Divided

I played it a couple of hours. It was kinda fun, but like 45Colt said, too many repeaters and so on. Honestly, who wants a really accurate Civilwar-FPS when all you do is walk in line, load, shoot and get shot at?
                    Every war is a national misfortune.
                    Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

Comment

Don't forget the white stripes on the uniforms that shows the enemy where you are.
                      Freedom is not Free it has cost millions of lives to obtain it and to hold on to it will cost even more lives of the willing and the brave!!

Comment

its a good idead but i doubt it will happen. i dont fancy paying out on a game to stand in formation for hours

Comment

i'd like to be able to get off more than 3 shots a minute in my video games.

Comment

Originally posted by monm11 View Post
                            There is an "CW-Era" Call of Duty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_His...Nation_Divided

I played it a couple of hours. It was kinda fun, but like 45Colt said, too many repeaters and so on. Honestly, who wants a really accurate Civilwar-FPS when all you do is walk in line, load, shoot and get shot at?
                            Yeah, I played it as well- a bitter-sweet experience really. Bitter in that the graphic, track and gameplay is third-rate. Sweet in the realistic historical environment it offered.
                            馬兒不死,吾無葬地也 ~ 曹操

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X