Bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2

Just picked up a copy of this. I know nothing about it. Does anyone still play online?
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

It should be, it certainly was about 6 months ago when the 1.5 patch was released with the two booster packs for free.

Make sure you get the 1.41 patch and then the 1.5 patch which will give you the aforementioned booster packs.

In addition you may want to check out the Project Reality mod which is like an entire new game. The changes are amazing.

www.realitymod.com

Comment

Yup, been playing again since april of last year and it's still a great game
      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I have it and enjoy playing it but just don't have the time lately. Spring break is in a week!!
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie View Post
          It should be, it certainly was about 6 months ago when the 1.5 patch was released with the two booster packs for free.

Make sure you get the 1.41 patch and then the 1.5 patch which will give you the aforementioned booster packs.

In addition you may want to check out the Project Reality mod which is like an entire new game. The changes are amazing.

www.realitymod.com

I've been a big fan of BF2 for a while, its always fun if you get your friends together and fight as a squad with all the different kits. We use to do this in college often. But solo play can be fun as well.

I recently found the Project Reality Mod and have been playing that on and off the past couple of weeks. Its fun but like most games where realism comes into play if you cant find a good server with mature players willing to play it the "right" way its not as much fun. Also it helps if you have a mic and can talk with the other players, that just adds another dimesion of fun.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Try some mods for bf2.
            Forgotten hope 2 is a ww2 mod excellent looking and plays great.
            Project reality amazing team work in this mod.
            EOD2 vietnam mod not very popular but is fun vs millions of zombie bots
            bf2 pirates is fun too.
            All are free and all better than vanilla bf2.

@ soccer dj join our forgotten hope tournament great organized team play can be had there on custom maps with new features.
            http://www.forgottenhonor.net/

Agree about PR if you have not got a good squad its not much fun. We play a lot on team speak in our community so its usually good.
            Last edited by Topdogger; 04 Apr 10, 11:39.

Comment

So many different threads on this all the sudden so I'll post my question here.

Does Reality Project and Forgotten Hope play well, or for the matter, at all, in single player or is it just for multiplayer?

Comment

BF2 is only good in multilayer.
                Subsequently the mods are only good in multilayer.
                FH2 has bots for some maps not all not sure about PR.
                Can you not play online or something.

Comment

Does "only good" mean it only works or only worth anything?

I just can't stand multiplayer games.

Comment

Would not bother then the single player is like a multiplayer with bots.
                    If you don't like multiplayer fps stay away from the whole battlefield series.
                    The EOD2 mod is good on co-op vs insane amount of bots.

Comment

Roger that, thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X