X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golani
    replied
    Like I said in another thread,

I never stood Rainbow Six or any other Tom Clancy game...

But I trust your judgment George,
    Can you post a quick summary of the game?
    Would you recommend it?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    replied
    Originally posted by Mackie View Post
    Thanks for the advice, it has worked out well. Did the first mission and completed all tasks with no casualties. Same with the second mission.

Now I am on the third one where I have to stop the leading elements of a Russian armoured division. It's a tough one.
    IIRC you have to clear the area around the railroad bridge first right? I always leave my "B" Team at the farmhouse with the UN/NATO troops and I use my "A" Team to clear the RR bridge area.

Just wait till the last mission in Moscow ... talk about ALOT of tanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mackie
    replied
    Thanks for the advice, it has worked out well. Did the first mission and completed all tasks with no casualties. Same with the second mission.

Now I am on the third one where I have to stop the leading elements of a Russian armoured division. It's a tough one.

Leave a comment:

• GhostSoldier
    replied
    It's been a few years since I've played Ghost Recon.

It was a friend's game. I don't remember what version it was (a South/ Central American setting) but we played the whole game through, eventually completing every mission-scenario.

At the time I was studying a lot of small-unit tactics, reading 1st-hand accounts, etc. and I would co-relate what I had read into playing the game.

From what I remember you had to stay "on top" of your AI-controlled Bravo section, continuing to adapt, and issue new orders accordingly (such as "fire-and manuever"...also known as "shoot-and-scoot"...to outflank) to any new situational developments, similiar to the role of a real-life platoon leader. Although the AI function works well, they are low on "initiative".

Also I find that a good mix of weapons within the section is effective. Such as, a rapid-fire long range weapon for suppressive fire and mass-casualty induction. This provides your "field-of-fire" effect. Then you want a rifleman or two...with some grenade launching capability. Sub-machine guns have rapid-fire, and large ammo capacity but...their "range effectiveness" is limited compared to a weapon that shoots a larger bullet at a higher velocity.

Globetrotter addressed this in the previous post, but I wanted to add to the discussion about a good weapons mix.

Personally, a lot of people like to try to create havoc with a sniper rifle but I prefer a good assault rifle, a SAW, or something similar, and of course utilize cover and concealment during a dynamic, mobile offense.

One last thing...when ranging long distance targets with infantry level weapons don't always try for a straight shot. You can "arc" your fire, attempting to "lob" shots into enemy positions, and you can also "walk" your fire into the enemy by shooting at the ground in front of your target then adjust accordingly until you find your mark.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• globetrotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    I've always found that the enemy is far too accurate in both the GR and Rainbow Six games.Enemies that never miss is not an example of good AI.I have a problem when my enemy doesn't even have shoes but can shoot better with an AK than my highly trained sniper can.
    Yes, and no. The accuracy is to be respected, for sure, but I find that the biggest problem is the lack of aggression of the team when under fire. I find that I am constantly hitting '5' to get them back on task and moving; even when the fire is indirect. If you direct your teams to utilize cover and support each other's flank I find that you can usually suppress them with time to get your sniper into position. Consistently in my games the sniper racks up the most kills, with my light mg man second (I looove the M 249).

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    I've always found that the enemy is far too accurate in both the GR and Rainbow Six games.Enemies that never miss is not an example of good AI.I have a problem when my enemy doesn't even have shoes but can shoot better with an AK than my highly trained sniper can.

Leave a comment:

• Mackie
    started a topic Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon

I was finally able to play Ghost Recon today, the Gold Edition that comes with all expansions plus the latest patches.

I am not completely new to it as I had it for the console but never really got into it then.

On the first mission I advance a small distance and take out a lone foxhole. I order Bravo into a covering position and my AI to fire. The two times I have tried this the enemy AI have mauled me. They react well but shoot far too accurately! It is like I am engaging crack infantry and not Ossetian rebels. Otherwise the game plays (largely) well. Does anybody have any tips or links to some tutorials on commanding and playing GR?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X