X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 3: Ultra Realistic Modern Warfare

Heads up serious gamers, this just in hot off the press:

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...modern_warfare

Today is a good day for someone else to die.

"That people can sleep peaceably in their beds is because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

That vid sort of reminds me of this classic Cracked parody:

The Ultimate War Simulation Game

Like my Grandpa always said, there were no naked human pyramids in Starcraft.

There were no whiny anti-war Hollywood types or questionable war motives or granola-munching protesters. I'm starting to think that even World in Conflict, a real time strategy game so "realistic" it takes a NASA-built Quantum supercomputer to run it, has left me woefully unprepared to fight an actual war.

Well, below is my open letter to the real time strategy gaming cartel. I want a war simulation. A real one. I don't want little cartoon tanks jostling around in a video sandbox chewing down each other's health meters, while a preteen opponent insults my sexuality using every key on his keyboard except the ones with letters. I want an RTS game that will give me a stress headache after an hour and an ulcer after a week. I want to identify experienced players on the street by their 1,000-yard stares.

I want a war sim ...

1. ... where I spend two hours pushing across a map to destroy a "nuclear missile silo," only to find out after the fact that it was just a missile-themed orphanage....
    It never gets old....
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

the onion is one of the best. I used to get the print edition in the pre-internet days when I lived in Madison WI. probably the only benefit of living in that loony city.
      45B10 1986-91

Comment

That looks like it would be really good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X