X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW2 Terrorist Mission

Crazy.
    Last edited by Vita; 10 Nov 09, 16:42.

Indeed, crazy... I had wished that they made the bypass better. I found the level abit too much for just a few bits of storyline.

Comment

It's quite a shocking level, but they do give you the option to skip it.

Which I think is a plus.

Comment

My husband and I just played through the game in the last couple days.

I could not pull the trigger until the FSB showed up.
        TTFN

Comment

This level stirred up a lot of controversy, but like darkwolf said you can skip it.
          “Come and take it!"

Comment

Oddley enough,I had no problem with this mission.
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
              My husband and I just played through the game in the last couple days.

I could not pull the trigger until the FSB showed up.
              That's what I did too
              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Anyone know why they must include stuff like this in the game?

If this wasn't in the game it probably wouldn't be labeled as "intense violence" and probably not be rated M.

Think how many more people could play if it was rated T, thats why my parents won't let me buy it.
                “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                  Anyone know why they must include stuff like this in the game?

If this wasn't in the game it probably wouldn't be labeled as "intense violence" and probably not be rated M.

Think how many more people could play if it was rated T, thats why my parents won't let me buy it.
                  I doubt that it would be T, this level was just in there for shock value but there were a lot more messed up moments such as when you stick your knife into an enemy's throat and watching his eyes slowing roll back into his head as he dies,or pulling a knife from your chest and throwing it into a guys eye.
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                    I doubt that it would be T, this level was just in there for shock value but there were a lot more messed up moments such as when you stick your knife into an enemy's throat and watching his eyes slowing roll back into his head as he dies,or pulling a knife from your chest and throwing it into a guys eye.
                    Thats true I guess the real problem is my over protective parents....
                    “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                      I might not have gotten here yet, but when does that happen? As for the "No Russian" level, I do the same as most people, I don't let fly until the policia show up. Then I just go for a fallen riot shield and go for it
                      "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

The part where you pull the knife out of your chest is the on the last level at the end. You beat the SP by killing General Shepard by throwing the knife at his head
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I'm shocked that so many people had complaints about this level. It wasn't so bad, Jeez...

Besides, it's good target practice...
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

While i can agree it wasn't as bad as some people/articles made it out to be, i also think it didn't need to be a playable scene. It was very dull, and considering there was no different outcome whether you killed civilians or not, it was just pointless.
                            If, for example, your "friends" were to turn on you had you not fired on any civilians, i could probably see the point of the mission...But instead they ignore you and carry on with the slaughter.

It added nothing to the story that a cinematic couldn't of done. Hell, even just scrolling text could of got the same message across.
                            As others have stated it was only there for shock value, and i think it was also a publicity stunt. Possibly to make people forget about how awful MW2 was going to be. (no lean, no console, no dedicated servers..etc)
                            Last edited by Nokturnal; 26 May 10, 20:28.
                            "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
                            - Major General Freddie de Guingand, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-force Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokturnal View Post
                              While i can agree it wasn't as bad as some people/articles made it out to be, i also think it didn't need to be a playable scene. It was very dull, and considering there was no different outcome whether you killed civilians or not, it was just pointless.
                              If, for example, your "friends" were to turn on you had you not fired on any civilians, i could probably see the point of the mission...But instead they ignore you and carry on with the slaughter.

It added nothing to the story that a cinematic couldn't of done. Hell, even just scrolling text could of got the same message across.
                              As others have stated it was only there for shock value, and i think it was also a publicity stunt. Possibly to make people forget about how awful MW2 was going to be. (no lean, no console, no dedicated servers..etc)
                              Well I think it was shocking in a way but it was very original as far as a start for a war with Russia. I think some people take the level out of context.

MW2 wasn't awful...and I know bet it wasn't a publicity stunt.
                              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X