Darkest of Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkest of Days

Friend sent me a link to the demo for this game, he downloaded and said it was a pretty good game

Darkest of Days takes the player through time into historic battles to save key soldiers. These soldiers can be identified in the game by the blue aura they are marked with. The player takes part in many historic key battles from being a member of General Custer's unit trying to fend off Native American warriors during the Battle of Little Bighorn, to fighting in Pompeii as ash and fire rain down from an erupting Mt. Vesuvius. Other locations include the battles of Antietam and Tannenberg, and a German World War II P.O.W. camp.

There are different missions in every time period and overall the game should take about 20 25 hours to complete.
    There are over twenty weapons to fight with, both from the original time period as well as those brought back from the future. In addition, you can man machine guns or cannons to help your allied friends survive on the battlefield.

The goal of the game is not simply to kill all enemies encountered; players are also required to save certain individuals who are important to the continuity of history. These characters are marked with a blue aura and can be saved by being shot in the arm or the leg. This way the characters are taken out of the battle, while not suffering any life threatening injuries.

http://www.darkestofdays.com/getAge.php
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

It looks so awesome.
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

Yup, might actually be the next game I buy for the PC
      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
        Yup, might actually be the next game I buy for the PC
        I played the demo and it was very good
        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
        "

Comment

The reviews online weren't so favourable...
          馬兒不死,吾無葬地也 ~ 曹操

Comment

It's a bit too linear for me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asterix
              New York AG to sue the NRA
              by asterix
              New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

https...
              Today, 05:46
            • casanova
              Emanuel Macron
              by casanova
              The French president Emmanuel Macron visited Beirut, Libanon. He watched the devastation in the city, caused by the Amoniumnitrat explosion....
              Today, 01:27
            • casanova
              Beirut
              by casanova
              A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
              Yesterday, 23:35
            Working...
            X