No announcement yet.

The Scariest games of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout 3 and AVP are right up there, but for me, the scariest game of all time must be the original Doom. No doubt it's because an FPS was a completely new experience, but I have never jumped out of my seat as much on any other game as that one. Doom 3 wasn't nearly as scary.

I know I'm jaded now, too, by so many hours of playing (and testing) shooters. You can never get back the feeling of being scared s--tless for the first time by a computer game, LOL! I did jump a few times during Fallout 3, though!

Chris--
    www.making-history.com

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
      Alien vs Predators for me. I cant rember how many times I blew up walls just because something made me jump in my seat. Panic fire seemed to be my favorite shooting style in that game.
      My brother never played past the first few marine missions in AvP2.

Hell, took him 30 minutes to get past the first one, and that level doesn't even have anything trying to attack you!

Comment

Managed AVP to get it running on my vista laptop... Hell all over again..
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

I'd have to say Doom 3.FEAR also hit's the spot as does HL2 at times.System Shock 2 is also on the list.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Doom3 hands down used to make me jump all the time

Only scary game I have played.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogger View Post
              Doom3 hands down used to make me jump all the time

Only scary game I have played.
              Exactly what I thought. I jumped during that little scene in the bathroom when you walk past the mirror and you see the vision of Hell and demon spawns behind you.

Comment

I definitely think the original FEAR was a great scary game. Made my good friend play it in the dark while I was there; the part when the main villain hit the player with a 2 by 4 in the beginning made him leap out of his seat!

The second one had some good scary/creepy moments (the school was very frightening), but overall the first one was much scarier in my opinion.

Comment

I moved everything to the floor, closed off all sources of light, and turned the bass way up so that I could feel the ground shake under me. It was great.

Comment

I would also say STALKER: SoC. There is an atmosphere that is simply unmatched by any other shooter. Check it out:

Manged to get myself in another dark of night firefight with a patrol of Russian soldiers - during a thunderstorm, no less. I managed to capture this nice shot.

The storm became so intense that I had to take shelter in an abandoned trailer rather than push on for my objective. I held up here and slept for four hours - no doubt with my assault rifle clutched to my chest!

It is a testament to the awesome atmosphere of this game that I actually find myself breathing a sigh of relief when the sun comes up and the spooky darkness is chased away.
                    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

AVP scared me shitless when i was a kid!
                      Also the Half-Life One mod "They Hunger" was terrifying if you're playing it at a young age with the lights off
                      Radio Paris Ment...
                      Radio Paris Ment...
                      Radio Paris est Allemand...

- Radio London opening intro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X