Favorite FPS all-time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite FPS all-time

Ok, lots 'favorite' of threads throughout the forum. (favorite: movie, fighter plane of.... and so on.)

I want to know what is your all-time favorite FPS game. Not which one is best ever, just the game you enjoy or enjoyed the most, and you only have one pick, so choose wisely.

My pick is...
    Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Reasons: First FPS game I purchased when I got a new PC .

Large number of accurately modeled WWII weapons, the graphics and sound were good for the time of the game's release. Also had an excellent soundtrack.

Great single player campaign and good MP, the Omaha Beach level was amazing.

Followed by a couple of good expansion pack. Still play the SP campaign.

Any of the Brothers in Arms... Good gameplay better squad level tactics.

And taking it back more hardcore and a few years. The original Ghost Recon. I love the tactical gameplay in that one.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Red Orchestra.... 'nuff said really

Comment

Battlefield 2

Battelfield 2 is my favorite. I have been playing regularly for over three years now and still love it! BF2 has one of the best squad-based teamplay models in FPS gaming, IMHO. Add to that the in-game VOIP, the commanders position and tools, plus a prolific community of over 1/2 millions players and you have a winner in my book! There is always a game to be found 24/7 and the competition is still fierce... 'nuff said!
        "Violence... the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived." - Mr. Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Brothers in Arms
          Battlefield 2
          Red Orchestra

All good choices men.

Anyone else have favorite?

Comment

Operation Flashpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by DangerForward View Post
              Ok, lots 'favorite' of threads throughout the forum. (favorite: movie, fighter plane of.... and so on.)

I want to know what is your all-time favorite FPS game. Not which one is best ever, just the game you enjoy or enjoyed the most, and you only have one pick, so choose wisely.

My pick is...
              Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Reasons: First FPS game I purchased when I got a new PC .

Large number of accurately modeled WWII weapons, the graphics and sound were good for the time of the game's release. Also had an excellent soundtrack.

Great single player campaign and good MP, the Omaha Beach level was amazing.

Followed by a couple of good expansion pack. Still play the SP campaign.
              I second that.
              Amazing game. It's one of the few FPS that I keep coming back to and playing again.
              It has replayability which is so rare in a game now.
              "In Critical and baffling situations, it is always best to return to first principle and simple action." Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

My favorite is probably Desert Combat (the mod for Battlefield 1942).

An absolute blast!
                Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

The original Ghost Recon series; including 'Desert Siege' and 'Island Thunder'.

Close second for me would be Rainbow Six 3 Ravenshield, with Athena Sword. Best of the Rainbow Six series, IMO.
                  "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                  Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                    The original Ghost Recon series; including 'Desert Siege' and 'Island Thunder'.

Close second for me would be Rainbow Six 3 Ravenshield, with Athena Sword. Best of the Rainbow Six series, IMO.
                    I started replaying the first Ghost Recon because of the South Ossetia conflinct.

The game starts in Sout Ossetia, moves into through the Caucusus and into Russia, ending in Red Square.

"Radical Unltanationalists have seized power in Moscow"

It's a fine game, ad the mechanic were worked out by Ubisoft, the people who did Borther in Arms. The game used to challenge me in 2002, and then it got easy. Now I'm playing it with a new style (fire and manuever instead of one-man run and gun), and it's a challenge again. Plus, great controls (on PS2), and a two player co-op.

Mine came with Desert Siege on the same disc, but I'd like to pick the two-pack with Island Thunder and whatever the other tropics game was...
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by sunoco View Post
                      Operation Flashpoint.
                      I second that.
                      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Brother's in Arms
                        Medal of Honor Airborne, Allied Assult, and Pacific Assault
                        Call of Duty 1-3 (Including the expansions in between)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                          I started replaying the first Ghost Recon because of the South Ossetia conflinct.

The game starts in Sout Ossetia, moves into through the Caucusus and into Russia, ending in Red Square.

"Radical Unltanationalists have seized power in Moscow"

It's a fine game, ad the mechanic were worked out by Ubisoft, the people who did Borther in Arms. The game used to challenge me in 2002, and then it got easy. Now I'm playing it with a new style (fire and manuever instead of one-man run and gun), and it's a challenge again. Plus, great controls (on PS2), and a two player co-op.

Mine came with Desert Siege on the same disc, but I'd like to pick the two-pack with Island Thunder and whatever the other tropics game was...
                          Have you played both the PS2 and PC versions or just the PS2 version?
                          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                            Have you played both the PS2 and PC versions or just the PS2 version?
                            Just the PS2. It has 15 missions, 3 campaigns total, and the "Bonus" campaign of 8 levels in Desert Siege...
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                              "Just the PS2. It has 15 missions, 3 campaigns total, and the "Bonus" campaign of 8 levels in Desert Siege..."
                              OK; thanks for clarifying - got that impression but wasn't sure. I've only ever played the PC version and mine came in a 3-disc pack called 'Ghost Recon Complete', with one disc each for the main game, Desert Siege and Island Thunder. I haven't yet been able to convince myself to buy the newer GR games, as their apparently slightly 'futuristic' flavour kinda puts me off a bit. Might try 'em one day, though. In the meantime, I just got 'Call of Duty 4' for Father's Day and I'm beginning to enjoy that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X