Got my new rig; looking for a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new rig; looking for a new game

So, what game are all the ACG'ers playing? I recently got my new gaming rig (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Radeon HD 3870 Overclocked ed, etc) and I'm looking to test it out on something other than simulations and MMORPGs.

I used to be a big Desert Combat player back in the day. Now, I'm just looking for something that other ACGers are playing (so that we can maybe dominate in multi-player games).

Any suggestions? Cheers.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Crysis.

Comment

Crysis
      I second this

Oblivion with a few special graphics mods is also a good idea

World in conflict with shadows turned up to max (if your PC doesnt stutter when a nuke goes off, i hate you)
      Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

Battlefield 2 is better than Desert Combat, by far! Although I had tons 'O fun with DC, it's not nearly as fun as BF2 and the graphics in BF2 are far better than DC. My friends and I play every Tuesday night, as a squad on the same team if possible, but versus is just as good, heh heh. Nothing like pwning your friends!!
        Last edited by Cantata; 30 Jun 08, 10:58.
        "Violence... the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived." - Mr. Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Bf2's not that much of a graphics test i'm afraid, it tests the amount of RAM you have... not to mention its like cocaine and will destroy your life...

So if you dont want to become like me, dont play Bf2!
          Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

Yep. Crysis is still the gold standard. If your kit can run Crysis well, it'll chew up anything else with ease.

Comment

HL2DM with any decent killbox map

Comment

For that matter, the entire HalfLife series is worth every penny. It's not a full-on FPSer in a Quake or Unreal sense; too much story involved but it's a great character and story driven game.

Comment

Games I play:

Desert Combat Final
                  Rise of Nations/expansion
                  Empire Earth
                  Call of Duty/ UO
                  CoD2

Might be old but they're still fun
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

and COD4 on x360 also.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X