Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing.

Got it on pre-order, starting playing at 0001 Firday. Have about 25 hours logged so far, and it is utterly amazing.

My only complaint so far is that I have to adjourn to the Net to sort out key commands, for example how to use optional scope sights. The scenarios are straightforward; the of the mini-games I've only found domino and Texas hold'em, bot of which are fun. I haven't tried five finger fillet, and blackjack has not shown up yet (or I haven't encountered it).

Hunting is utterly amazing; I have only tried fishing once but it seems promising.

I will say the help feature is not the best, but every question I've needed answered was easily found on Google.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

One of my baseball sim buddies took a day off work just to play... he loves it.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      One of my baseball sim buddies took a day off work just to play... he loves it.
      If you liked the first, you'll love it. I just spent six hours just wandering around hunting, fishing, and seeing the sights.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Why is it utterly amazing? I'd like to hear more from you on this.
        I've watched a lot of vids on the net (because I don't have a console so playing this would require an investment and the need to adapt to stuff I never used before) and the game seems kind of bland.
        The physics also look strange. I've seen guys putting many slugs into enemy NPCs and they were still running around. Also, is this thing multiplayer too or only player vs. NPCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
          Why is it utterly amazing? I'd like to hear more from you on this.
          I've watched a lot of vids on the net (because I don't have a console so playing this would require an investment and the need to adapt to stuff I never used before) and the game seems kind of bland.
          The physics also look strange. I've seen guys putting many slugs into enemy NPCs and they were still running around. Also, is this thing multiplayer too or only player vs. NPCs?
          Well, first the quality of the video is extremely high. All the detail is high: time of day or night, weather, different climates...it is amazing. Your hair and beard grow, you gain or lose weight depending on your eating habits, you need sleep, you need to bathe...these sound trivial but the way they are built into the game makes it part of the resource planning. You can ignore them if you like.

Secondly, the interaction of the world is amazing. If you burst through a set of doors into a building, people visibly and vocally respond to the violence of your entrance.

You can hunt, fish, and explore; I've spent probably 60 hours just wandering around doing just that and interacting with random NPCs.

There are loads of side missions, large and small. And all that without mentioning the extensive core missions.

I haven't tried the online version yet, so I cant comment on the multiplayer, but I've put over 100 hours into solo play and stand at 60% of the core content completed.

The combat system is good; the enemy uses cover, tries to flank, and generally fights well. Two bullets from most weapons, or one from the heavier, will drop most Humans; a single head shot from any weapon will kill. But as in real life, in the pressure of action more tends to be applied than needed.

The gambling mini-games are solid; I haven't spent as much time at them as I have hunting or fishing, but I have logged some hours.

Basically, the game provides a genuine sense of freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Well, first the quality of the video is extremely high. All the detail is high: time of day or night, weather, different climates...it is amazing. Your hair and beard grow, you gain or lose weight depending on your eating habits, you need sleep, you need to bathe...these sound trivial but the way they are built into the game makes it part of the resource planning. You can ignore them if you like.

Secondly, the interaction of the world is amazing. If you burst through a set of doors into a building, people visibly and vocally respond to the violence of your entrance.

You can hunt, fish, and explore; I've spent probably 60 hours just wandering around doing just that and interacting with random NPCs.

There are loads of side missions, large and small. And all that without mentioning the extensive core missions.

I haven't tried the online version yet, so I cant comment on the multiplayer, but I've put over 100 hours into solo play and stand at 60% of the core content completed.

The combat system is good; the enemy uses cover, tries to flank, and generally fights well. Two bullets from most weapons, or one from the heavier, will drop most Humans; a single head shot from any weapon will kill. But as in real life, in the pressure of action more tends to be applied than needed.

The gambling mini-games are solid; I haven't spent as much time at them as I have hunting or fishing, but I have logged some hours.

Basically, the game provides a genuine sense of freedom.
            I agree on everything you posted. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

I love the snow effects on the ground up in the mountains.

ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X