Halo 3's Rep, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3's Rep, good or bad?

I heard Bungie's Halo 3 game did not really get good reveiws. I was listening to WHAM Radio the other morning. They said that the game's reputation supposedly went downhill, I don't know about now. I personaly thought the third one was one of the superior games that microsoft made for XBOX along side Halo 2. I also found that the online play or even with the regular gameplay, was very fun and thrilling but yet somewhat complicated. Or should I say getting used to it was a little hard overall, But I got the hang of it. Anyway I hope that in the near future, the sales will go up because Bungie worked very hard on it. I give the Bungie team lots of credit.

heres a couple links:
    http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Halo3/default.aspx

http://www.halo3.com/

Anough said about my opinions.

Some might say Halo3 was not what they expected, others probably say its as good as it could have ever gotten.

What about you guys? what is your perspective on this issue?
    "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
    -Mazer Rackham to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 262)

According to Game Informer Halo 3 was not the showcase must see at E3. CAll of Duty 4 was. Halo 3 we know we're jst getting the same old same old. But the fanboys like me will go out and buy it to wrap up the Halo storyline. But Ill see for myself.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I've heard generally that it's good (for Halo fans at least - I'm not sure they would know a good game if you threw it at their head though ), but sort of just a revamp of the previous one. The graphics aren't even that spectacular compared to BioShock and others.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I have played Halo 3, in fact i played thru it and beat it on legendary with a friend doing co-op.

I loved Halo 1, bought into the hype for Halo 2, but didnt like it till i plyed multiplayer. So with Halo 3, i had no expectations this time, and i was plesantly suprised.

The gameplay is just like the other versions, so thats not a problem, plus more weapons and vehicles as well. The story can get a bit hard to follow, and it did have a few predictable parts. The last two levels are not the best, specially the second to last level. And the last level is just like Halo, so it gives you the feeling that Bungie wasnt sure how they were going to end this. But you must watch thru the credits, if you do not, then the ending will not make sence, and you will be very unhappy an confused, just like with Halo 2.

The graphics are awesome in Halo 3, i was very suprised. It's not fair to compare it to Bioshock because they use very different engines, and each looks great.

As far as reviews, everything i've seen so far has given it almost near perfect scores. Does it deserve that high of scores, depends on who you talk to i guess. I havent play any multiplayer, which is where the game will shine i'm sure. But, based on just the single player, i think it's pretty good. And who can complain about 4 player co-op online, now thats sweet!!
        Last edited by jayedub7423; 27 Sep 07, 18:00.

Comment

I don't think it lived up to the hype myself. I finished it in under 8 hours. All in all, I was disappointed. The visuals are quite nice and I'm looking forward to the Co-op play, but the online multiplayer is a little to... I don't even know how to describe it... "Bunny Hop Infested" for my liking.

If you're a fan of the Halo series, buy it. I'm sure you'll like it. If not, rent it first, you can probably finish the campaign before the rental is due back.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankenstein View Post
            I don't think it lived up to the hype myself. I finished it in under 8 hours. All in all, I was disappointed. The visuals are quite nice and I'm looking forward to the Co-op play, but the online multiplayer is a little to... I don't even know how to describe it... "Bunny Hop Infested" for my liking.

If you're a fan of the Halo series, buy it. I'm sure you'll like it. If not, rent it first, you can probably finish the campaign before the rental is due back.
            yup, I agree, though I was not really disappointed. however, I like Halo 3 game overall. I sold my old xbox, and never owned my own copy of halo 2, but have played it lots at my friend's. anyway I finaly did find out at least a major part of the problem, with halo 3 - one of the speacial editions got recalled. so thats why people did not like it some of the time

Comment

The best way to play thru is on co-op in legandary mode, much more rewarding, and frustrating as well at times, but fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
                The best way to play thru is on co-op in legandary mode, much more rewarding, and frustrating as well at times, but fun!!
                alright, hah yea it is a bit frustrating. I getting close to the 3rd level on legendary (I just got the game a little while ago)

Comment

Yeah, it's not a long game by any means. The enemies just seem to have the most incredible aim, and your armor can barely stop a spitball.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                    Prawn heads
                    by Karri
                    How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                    Today, 11:40
                  • Jose50
                    Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                    by Jose50
                    Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                    Today, 08:41
                  • Von Richter
                    Sagittarius Rising...
                    by Von Richter
                    Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                    Today, 01:19
                  Working...
                  X