Purchased Far Cry at Ubisoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased Far Cry at Ubisoft

I'm downloading it right now so I guess Far Cry is going to be my next shooter to play.

It's a couple years old but at $9 it was a bargain at the Ubisoft digital store.

I've never played the game but read great things about it.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

You're gonna have a GREAT time! This is my favourite FPS of all time.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
      I'm downloading it right now so I guess Far Cry is going to be my next shooter to play.

It's a couple years old but at $9 it was a bargain at the Ubisoft digital store.

I've never played the game but read great things about it.
      Hey mate! It's free. Along with several other Ubisoft games.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20867.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
        Hey mate! It's free. Along with several other Ubisoft games.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20867.shtml
        I've read ancedotes that folks who downloaded and install these free games are getting spyware/adware installed, along with the official ad(s), installed on their comps? Is this true?
        All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Far Cry is an excellent game!!

I thought i had read some where that the free games where to come with in game ads, thats why they are free now, but i cant remember where i read that. Unless i hear it ot read it, i highly doubt that Ubisoft is putting spyware/adware in the downloads.

Comment

Well, I've gone through several levels and it's a fun but tongue-in-the-cheek game. I mean the approach to the carnage is a lot lighter than, say, F.E.A.R. It kind of reminds me of Serious Sam games. I think had expected something a lot more sinister than the pretty islands and silly mercenaries. Of course since the plot features an evil dictator who runs the islands performing experiments Dr. Sinister immediately announced it's his best game ever. I think it's a good game but I've played better single-player shooters. I've played games that really messed with my psyche. Half-life, Unreal, Quake, Clive Barker's Undying, etc.
            Last edited by MonsterZero; 22 Sep 07, 14:42.

Comment

Well, I've gone through several levels and it's a fun but tongue-in-the-cheek game. I mean the approach to the carnage is a lot lighter than, say, F.E.A.R. It kind of reminds me of Serious Sam games. I think had expected something a lot more sinister than the pretty islands and silly mercenaries. Of course since the plot features an evil dictator who runs the islands performing experiments Dr. Sinister immediately announced it's his best game ever. I think it's a good game but I've played better single-player shooters. I've played games that really messed with my psyche. Half-life, Unreal, Quake, Clive Barker's Undying, etc.
              But the scenery! The draw-distance! The sheer beauty of the game! The thinking AI with mercenaries who will actually outflank you and hunt you down! The non-linear levels! Have you no soul?

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I just tried out multiplayer...very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                  But the scenery! The draw-distance! The sheer beauty of the game! The thinking AI with mercenaries who will actually outflank you and hunt you down! The non-linear levels! Have you no soul?

Dr. S.
                  Those long distance visuals are nothing new since Operation Flashpoint but I agree it's prettier than average.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post

Dr. S.
                    I'm in agreement with you Doc.

OFP may have the draw distance as well, but it doesnt look as good as this game.

Comment

Those long distance visuals are nothing new since Operation Flashpoint but I agree it's prettier than average.
                      Draw distance is easy. It's draw distance worth anything that's the factor. That's why every game doesn't have a huge draw distance.
                      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

LOL, I had gone through half the game with all visuals turned down to the bare minimum even though my hardware can handle everything pretty much out at maximum resolution. The beauty and immersiveness of the game struck me only after I had changed those visual settings. Another Darwin Award for my trophy room.

Comment

Doh!!

Comment

I'm fighting my way through an enormous storage room full of containers. It is defended by elite infantry with NV goggles. Am I getting close to the end of the game?

Comment

I'm fighting my way through an enormous storage room full of containers. It is defended by elite infantry with NV goggles. Am I getting close to the end of the game?
                              I'm afraid not. There's still a bit left in the game yet. Don't lose heart though.

(Hint: if you're having trouble at this level, I find that it is easier if I let off a few rounds to attract the enemy to come to you, then ambush them from a suitable cover. Then switch on Cryvision, switch to the MP5SD, then sneak through to the other end.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X