Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency

Anyone try this HL2 Mod yet?

I'm installing the patch now and getting ready to fire it up for a few...
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

I'm not a graphics "guru" type of guy, James. Normally, I'll take gameplay over visuals anyday, but the HL2 engine is really showing it's age here. For a game that released in '04, it looks as if it's initial distribution occured back in 2001. On top of that, for a mod that supposedly models realism, all of the equipment is horribly rendered, and looks as if most of the work went into the urban surroundings.

Comment

Actually Marines, I had the exact same thought the first 20 seconds into the game.

I didn't really move past it for the rest of the half hour, and I struggled to even get a good feel of the combat so far. I might give it another go later.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
        Actually Marines, I had the exact same thought the first 20 seconds into the game.

I didn't really move past it for the rest of the half hour, and I struggled to even get a good feel of the combat so far. I might give it another go later.
        Do me a favor then, and take a couple of screens of the Marines. I'd like a better view of their loadout.

Comment

Well if I didn't say it clearly enough, I never got used to the graphics. I was stuck as insurgents the whole time, if I get on again I'll try to get to the marines.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
            Berlin.1945
            by casanova
            The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
            Yesterday, 23:41
          • casanova
            AW 169M
            by casanova
            The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
            Yesterday, 23:26
          • JBark
            What changed?
            by JBark
            There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
            Yesterday, 18:54
          Working...
          X