Gaming's greatest guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it to open in IE.

Personally I vote for Scythe of the Celt from Clive Barker's Undying.

It was a devious magical weapon that allowed you replenish health with each successful stroke delivered. Also, it allowed instant decapitation to save you time and effort.

http://www.clivebarker.com/html/visi...g/undying2.htm

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
      Hmm... still loading perfectly for me, in Firefox and IE. Anyone else?
      Opens fine in Firefox 2.xx

Back on topic, Gaming's greatest gun is the stakegun in Painkiller - takes skill to make it effective, is absolutely lethal (one hit, one kill) and, when used to impale an enemy on a wall or post, can be truly funny. My opinion fwiw.
      Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
        Opens fine in Firefox 2.xx

Back on topic, Gaming's greatest gun is the stakegun in Painkiller - takes skill to make it effective, is absolutely lethal (one hit, one kill) and, when used to impale an enemy on a wall or post, can be truly funny. My opinion fwiw.
        heard you can combine that with like the grenade launcher for a deadly effect.
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
          heard you can combine that with like the grenade launcher for a deadly effect.
          That is the standard alt fire with the stakes, helps if there are a lot of enemies closing on you because the stakegun's RoF is very slow.

One of the things I love about the game is the imaginative approach to the weapons. The combo of the shotgun with the freezer as alt fire is pretty deadly too, if not always as effective as one would like against some of the larger enemies.
          Signing out.

Comment

My favorite gun still is the Electromagnetic rail gun from Quake 2.
            "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

All do this in a list fashion.

Call of Duty 1: Thompson
              CoD UO: Silenced Sten. Mega high attack.
              CoD 2: Trench Gun. (Shotgun)

A real beast that shotgun is, one hit one kill. In the chaos of a big TDM you can even snipe at people with it. Its an amazing weapon. I would choose the PPSH, except the Trench Gun, every army has access too, and its cooler. I cannot name one for Perfect Dark or Golden Eye. None come to mind.
              yeah!

Comment

The STG-44 from Medal of Honor Allied Assault, is AWESOME. The first time you get it you've just stolen it from a German bunker and then you have to blast your way out with it. High rate of fire and good range, this gun ROCKS!!!
                "The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else."

Frederic Bastiat

Comment

The 88mm in any of the "Call of Duty" Versions. Devastating!
                  Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                  In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                  Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Originally posted by RapierFighter View Post
                    I guess I missed a few games here and there, but these are the ones I really dig...

From Perfect Dark Zero: DY357...cause it's a big revolver and I dig those.

From Men of Valor: M-14 Rifle...cause it hits like a hammer.

From Dead Man's Hand: Double Barrel 10 Gauge: Nasty at close range

From Far Cry Predator: Shotgun...see above.

From Halo: Shotgun...go figure

From Halo 2: Shotgun...nothing changes.

Call of Duty: M1 Carbine...cause you don't usually see those in games.

Call of Duty 2: SVT 40: Same reason as previous

Call of Duty 3: M97 Trench Gun: Buckshot baby

Call of Duty United Offensive: Silenced Sten: Wicked

Call of Duty Finest Hour: BAR: Real killer

Call of Duty Big Red One: M1 Carbine...cause it's an M1 Carbine

Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30: Thompson: Hit where it hurts

Brothers in Arms, Earned in Blood: FG42: Totally awesome

Medal of Honor: M1 Garand: Speaks for itself

Medal of Honor Underground: STG44: New in that one

Medal of Honor Frontline: Thompson: Guess

Medal of Honor Rising Sun: Riot Gun: Oh yeah!

Medal of Honor Allied Assault: King Tiger Tank: It counts for me

Medal of Honor European Assault: PPSH 41: Buzzsaw

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Venom Rotary Gun: Ain't got time to bleed

Call of Cthulhu, Dark Corners of the Earth: Energy Weapon: Alien Technology

Doom 3: Plasma Rifle: Give 'em Hell!

Dangerous Hunts: 45-70 Revolver: Can drop a cape buffalo

FEAR: Assault Rifle: Simple and deadly

Area 51: Submachine Gun: good for close work.
                    RF

Do you own all of those or have you just played them in your spare time

HP
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Anything with an RPG is good for me
                      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X