Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming's greatest guns

Gaming's greatest guns

May have already had this conversation here. Here's CVG.com's take, anyway. Missing Half Life's .357. If the list were expanded, I'd have to also include the Gravgun, and Garret's multi use bow from the Thief series.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Rise of the Triad's "Dog Mode" was one of the most unique weapons I can recall. Have to second the grav gun from HL2 - combined with the saw blades it was some of the best fun I've had in a FPS.

My all time favorite weapon is the Railgun from Quake II. Even the BFG should have made the lsit before the lowly double barred shotgun.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Hmm

Im going a little old school here but I love the Pulse Rifle of Aliens vs Predator fame....love the sound as well.

CD
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Hmm, should have been the Doom BFG instead of the Quake 2 one. I like the inclusion of the Colt from Counter-Strike that was an amazing gun if you were good with it.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I'm thinking the changes as the tech changed... the shotgun and BFG with Doom, the mini-gun in RtCW 3D, the 'ping' of the M1 going empty in MOH, pulse rifles in AvP, and most of the re-made weapon sounds when DoD first came out (what can I say, old FPSs were my life... not so much anymore).
          If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla View Post
            <snip> . . .when DoD first came out.
            WHAT!?

How did yo- I mean, I'm not gay! Don't go spreading lies!

He likes the closet, eh?

Comment

yes, the double barrell shotgun!!

Comment

Black's RPG-7 was a great weapon on the game! it was accurate of the blas of the rocket, and of how the weapon loked..i was greatly impressed
                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
                  WHAT!?

How did yo- I mean, I'm not gay! Don't go spreading lies!

He likes the closet, eh?
                  So which re-made weapon sounds work for you?
                  If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Hmmm all time favorite? Has to be the Smartgun from AvP....

Always liked a sideways mounted motion tracking MG-42...
                    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I agree with several of them. First and foremost the Laptop Gun in Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64). 50 round clip, full auto or fire single shots, decent zoom for sniping, and can be set up as an auto gun. Also has excellent stopping power.

Though the RCP-120 in Perfect Dark is better than the RCP90 in GoldenEye (it has a 120 round clip, and the ammo can also be used for cloaking). Rate and length of firing is awesome, but little stopping power. I also liked the Farsight (basically a sniper rifle that could see and shoot through walls). Many more I don't want to get into.

The Shrink Gun from Duke Nukem. That was fun, shrink'em and squash'em. Though the Plasma Cannon and Explosive Shotgun shells were fun too (all these from Duke Nukem 64, however).

The BFG. Man that brings back memories... High school lunch hour, 30 people playing Quake, trying to keep the Net Admin from finding out. I really liked the "Big F&*^ing Gun".

Comment

but they did forget one of the best weapons of all time, from the game Postal 2 you can whip it out and cause all sorts of urine damage to things. problem is, it doesnt work well against animals, they tend to get upset and attack!!

Comment

I guess I missed a few games here and there, but these are the ones I really dig...

From Perfect Dark Zero: DY357...cause it's a big revolver and I dig those.

From Men of Valor: M-14 Rifle...cause it hits like a hammer.

From Dead Man's Hand: Double Barrel 10 Gauge: Nasty at close range

From Far Cry Predator: Shotgun...see above.

From Halo: Shotgun...go figure

From Halo 2: Shotgun...nothing changes.

Call of Duty: M1 Carbine...cause you don't usually see those in games.

Call of Duty 2: SVT 40: Same reason as previous

Call of Duty 3: M97 Trench Gun: Buckshot baby

Call of Duty United Offensive: Silenced Sten: Wicked

Call of Duty Finest Hour: BAR: Real killer

Call of Duty Big Red One: M1 Carbine...cause it's an M1 Carbine

Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30: Thompson: Hit where it hurts

Brothers in Arms, Earned in Blood: FG42: Totally awesome

Medal of Honor: M1 Garand: Speaks for itself

Medal of Honor Underground: STG44: New in that one

Medal of Honor Frontline: Thompson: Guess

Medal of Honor Rising Sun: Riot Gun: Oh yeah!

Medal of Honor Allied Assault: King Tiger Tank: It counts for me

Medal of Honor European Assault: PPSH 41: Buzzsaw

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Venom Rotary Gun: Ain't got time to bleed

Call of Cthulhu, Dark Corners of the Earth: Energy Weapon: Alien Technology

Doom 3: Plasma Rifle: Give 'em Hell!

Dangerous Hunts: 45-70 Revolver: Can drop a cape buffalo

FEAR: Assault Rifle: Simple and deadly

Area 51: Submachine Gun: good for close work.
                          "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
                            Gaming's greatest guns

May have already had this conversation here. Here's CVG.com's take, anyway. Missing Half Life's .357. If the list were expanded, I'd have to also include the Gravgun, and Garret's multi use bow from the Thief series.
                            I can't view the page because it causes Firefox to crash. Congratulations to anyone who can write an HTML code sloppy enough to crash Firefox. It's a very resilient browser; it's not IE.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Hmm... still loading perfectly for me, in Firefox and IE. Anyone else?
                              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X