X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault

Anyone in Europe have it? How is it?

EDIT: Armed Assault

It's out in Germany next week, most of the Brits are importing it from here and converting most of it to English (it's easily done) thankfully cause I live here I can just take a walk to the shops

Will let you know next week but from what I have seen so far it looks fantastic.
    Xbox live: Waltz Junta II

Comment

You can get some vids of the new version here :-
      ftp://armed-assault.de/aa/videos/igromir2006/

They aint great but they give you some idea of how it looks.

Apparently there is a nice one here :-
      http://www.armedassault.eu/files/pcformatblog.rar

Stupid web filter software at work won't let me download it so I don't know for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Waltz View Post
        It's out in Germany next week, most of the Brits are importing it from here and converting most of it to English (it's easily done) thankfully cause I live here I can just take a walk to the shops

Will let you know next week but from what I have seen so far it looks fantastic.
        I just received the CZ copy and boy am I disappointed. It has more bugs than the original OFP release.

I'm glad they released a beta version of the game.

Comment

Hmmm not heard anyone else say that, gonna check it out later this week anyway, there is no way I am not buying this, I have been waiting years on it appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltz View Post
            Hmmm not heard anyone else say that, gonna check it out later this week anyway, there is no way I am not buying this, I have been waiting years on it appearing.
            I'm guessing you're a long time OFP player like myself?

Honestly, ArmA is bug ridden. There are severe clipping issues ranging from FP mode, to third preson mode. Flying is not only very difficult, but is also very buggy in of itself. It will also crash quite often during multiplay, and it doesn't matter what game type you are playing (COOP, CTF, etc). Of course, some of these issues including the blue screen of death, may be associated with the CZ version containing StarForce.

But don't take my word for it...
            http://www.wombat-productions.com/pa.../ArmA_Bugs.wmv

I would simply wait for the UK (505) or US release before purchasing the game. By then, the core game will hopefully have been updated.

Comment

is it much different to VBS1?

quite happy with my VBS1 stuff, but less hardcore is nice every now and then.
              Now listening too;
              - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post
                is it much different to VBS1?

quite happy with my VBS1 stuff, but less hardcore is nice every now and then.
                I would say stick to VBS1. At least until a patch is released that addresses all of these problems.

Comment

No offense but, what are you talking about? Flying is easier than flashpoint, even before I put out enough effort to plug my joystick in. Of course the game has clipping issues, it's a large scale simulator not gears of war, I'd rather have one of 200 units arm go into the wall they're standing by than one unit out of 5 rendered perfectly. I've played at least 15 hours of multiplayer already with no crashes at all, if you actually bought the game you wont have any problems with starforce 3, it acts the exact same way as securerom which all your other games use you don't whine about those (assuming you actually bought the game from cz instead of just torrenting it). The graphics are amazing compared to flashpoint, the campaign is more immersive, the editor works at least a hundred percent better, and the interface (especially the squad interface) is actually manageable now. Bohemia themselves actually said they were fixing some bugs in the code before the 505 release so if some clipping issues bother you THAT much that you're willing to put off playing an amazing game you've got some messed up priorities.

It is still a lot more arcadey than vbs but it's a game not a training tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Archamus View Post
                    No offense but, what are you talking about? Flying is easier than flashpoint, even before I put out enough effort to plug my joystick in. Of course the game has clipping issues, it's a large scale simulator not gears of war, I'd rather have one of 200 units arm go into the wall they're standing by than one unit out of 5 rendered perfectly. I've played at least 15 hours of multiplayer already with no crashes at all, if you actually bought the game you wont have any problems with starforce 3, it acts the exact same way as securerom which all your other games use you don't whine about those (assuming you actually bought the game from cz instead of just torrenting it). The graphics are amazing compared to flashpoint, the campaign is more immersive, the editor works at least a hundred percent better, and the interface (especially the squad interface) is actually manageable now. Bohemia themselves actually said they were fixing some bugs in the code before the 505 release so if some clipping issues bother you THAT much that you're willing to put off playing an amazing game you've got some messed up priorities.

It is still a lot more arcadey than vbs but it's a game not a training tool.
                    Give me a friggin' break!

The bugs are there. They are far more prevalent than those seen in the initial OFP launch. Did you even have a look at the video I posted that presented some of the major bugs inflicting ArmA? Guess not. Also, StarForce can affect systems differently based upon their configuration.

assuming you actually bought the game from cz instead of just torrenting it
                    Yeah hold on... I'll attempt to bypass DoD WEBSERV here in Iraq to download a hacked game. That ain't happening considering the only internet access I get is to my email account.

Comment

Did you even play the first ofp launch? You could walk right through walls, fly around the island in a humvee, and sink into the ground at seemingly random intervals. The new version of starforce works almost exactly like securerom or any other security measure that installs low level drivers -- of course it may effect every system differently but then why does everyone use starforce as an excuse and you never hear about people complaining about anything else.

As for your video, the helicopter in the first part is still better than helicopters in ofp behaved. Blowing up a plane with an rpg isn't a glitch.... maybe it's not realistic but I can't say that's a glitch. There's about 2 minutes of people flying like idiots, some graphical corruptions that were half caused by settings too high and the other half could just be fixed by getting rid of your presence in the world and just having a floating gun in your screen like any other shooter. There's the parachutes, also not a glitch - just a decision made in the name of gameplay instead of realism. The only two real glitches I saw in that whole video were the player still being alive in an underwater helicopter (known glitch) and entering a vehicle through the wall (also a known glitch). Those are some pretty HUGE gameplay glitches....

And I'm sorry I don't keep a big map on my wall that points out where all the members of an online forum are, how am I supposed to know where you are

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                        I'm guessing you're a long time OFP player like myself?

Honestly, ArmA is bug ridden. There are severe clipping issues ranging from FP mode, to third preson mode. Flying is not only very difficult, but is also very buggy in of itself. It will also crash quite often during multiplay, and it doesn't matter what game type you are playing (COOP, CTF, etc). Of course, some of these issues including the blue screen of death, may be associated with the CZ version containing StarForce.

But don't take my word for it...
                        http://www.wombat-productions.com/pa.../ArmA_Bugs.wmv

I would simply wait for the UK (505) or US release before purchasing the game. By then, the core game will hopefully have been updated.
                        yeah, the bugs you described are what I'm hearing about AA. Hopefully, the game will be patched up soon. I'm looking forward to grabbing a copy of the game once the bugs are squashed!
                        All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Originally posted by Archamus View Post
                          Did you even play the first ofp launch? You could walk right through walls, fly around the island in a humvee, and sink into the ground at seemingly random intervals. The new version of starforce works almost exactly like securerom or any other security measure that installs low level drivers -- of course it may effect every system differently but then why does everyone use starforce as an excuse and you never hear about people complaining about anything else.

As for your video, the helicopter in the first part is still better than helicopters in ofp behaved. Blowing up a plane with an rpg isn't a glitch.... maybe it's not realistic but I can't say that's a glitch. There's about 2 minutes of people flying like idiots, some graphical corruptions that were half caused by settings too high and the other half could just be fixed by getting rid of your presence in the world and just having a floating gun in your screen like any other shooter. There's the parachutes, also not a glitch - just a decision made in the name of gameplay instead of realism. The only two real glitches I saw in that whole video were the player still being alive in an underwater helicopter (known glitch) and entering a vehicle through the wall (also a known glitch). Those are some pretty HUGE gameplay glitches....

And I'm sorry I don't keep a big map on my wall that points out where all the members of an online forum are, how am I supposed to know where you are
                          I don't give a damn about the supposed lack of features, not enough playable units, [email protected]%&y controls, etcetera etcetera. This is not OFP, this is Armed Assault.

Now, what does tick me off, is the awful overall preformance I get out of the game. I'm mean damn, I spent upwards of $1600 upgrading my box in an attempt to exceed the recommended requirements of ArmA. Do I exceed them? By far, that I can assure you. Yet, for some strange reason, my frame rate will totally drop to around 10-17 FPS at times while running it at 1024 x 768, with the settings configured at their default 'Normal' levels!

Now that is just ridiculous.

That has nothing to do with it. You automatically made the statement/assumption that because I pointed out these bugs, I had somehow procured a pirated version. A rather assholish comment, if I may say so myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrocles View Post
                            yeah, the bugs you described are what I'm hearing about AA. Hopefully, the game will be patched up soon. I'm looking forward to grabbing a copy of the game once the bugs are squashed!
                            I'd just like to experience it with a decent frame rate.

Comment

Well I picked up a copy, only had a wee play around so far but I think it's looking quite good. Will convert it to English tonight and hopefully be able to give it a decent shot.

As for FPS I have it running fine, Marines what did you upgrade to? I am running a 3.8 duel core with 2 gig of ram and dual 512 geforce cards and I can play fine with everything maxed out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X